Overly frustrated with the support

I have been a good customer of Envato for +11 years now.

I love the the idea of the Envato Elements and that’s why I have subscribed to it but my experience so far is extremely negative when it comes with extremely basic support.

I have installed a theme focused on blogging (baxel) and enabled it. By default when you enable the “social sharing” of an article is Facebook and Google+ and as you know G+ is dead.

On the demo you see tons of different social network that can be enabled/disabled in the social sharing section so I tried for figure out where (I have worked for more than a decade with themes so I am not new to this but I am not a developer) but I was not able to find where so I did look at the instructions provided and it’s not there so I have asked on the author’s page and was declined to get support (while it’s a basic question that should be in the instructions) and even contacting the author directly doesn’t work.

The other issue I had was with a plugin that once enabled wasn’t saving - same issue again I was redirected to buy the plugin at full price to get the support.

So bottom line, I am 2 out of 2 downloads who doesn’t work as planned out of the box and where I get 0 support other than redirecting me to the full price theme or plugin.

Is there any plan on resolving this because it’s really frustrating at the moment.

Without knowing the specifics (the social icons should be easy but a plugin not saving could be caused but many things beyond just the plugin) - at a very superficial level, support is not included with elements subscriptions so technically, regardless of if we agree with you, the authors are not in the wrong.

If you look at this URL: https://www.wpselected.com/baxel/2018/05/03/post-12/ You will see in the “share” section icons from social network - It’s part of the theme and not plugin so I have no clue where to select which one to display.

I am overly frustrated by approach of buying things and getting 0 support it’s just non sense to me.

Help guys, I have a real estate theme called Theme Forest HOusez. I am unable to ‘save’ or publish the properties pages. What am I doing wrong

What I have learned so far is to make things work, you more than often need to disable plugins that have nothing to do with the theme and it’s saving but you won’t get support from the author if you are using elements and people are throwing the ball to the other plugins so basically you need to hire someone to fix the issue - Good Luck Anna :wink:

Who should I hire?

There’s mention of a fairly big update on the item page and how it can impact widgets, so it might be worth checking that.

For what it’s worth I would expect the social icons to be either under theme customise or theme options.

Are you using an up to date version of WordPress etc? Are you using any third-party plugins on top of the theme etc?

While I appreciate your frustration - it’s not fair to expect support from the author when (speaking as a power buyer) we sign up willingly knowing that support is not included in what we are buying

Are you using an up to date version of WordPress etc? Are you using any third-party plugins on top of the theme etc?

It’s showing up but just the default one (Facebook and G+) when enabling the Social Share option.

While I appreciate your frustration - it’s not fair to expect support from the author when (speaking as a power buyer) we sign up willingly knowing that support is not included in what we are buying

It’s not about “Appreciating my frustration” it’s about questioning the current model. I understand that some kind of support is not included but in this case it’s basic explanations that should be part of the theme instructions. I have asked the author how to do it and he didn’t respond because it’s on Elements.

Before accepting materials to be on Elements, I would suggest that themes and plugins are well documented and stable enough with major plugins - I don’t see that right now.