Osmosis Theme prevents WPBakery Page Builder from working

​I’ve purchased the Osmosis theme by Greative a while ago and it came with VC composer (now WPBakery Page Builder)
I have just purchased a license for WPBakery Page Builder, but I cannot activate it because the theme is hidding some of tabs of the plugin. This is done in register-plugins.php :

/**

• Force Visual Composer to initialize as “built into the theme”. This will hide certain tabs under the Settings->Visual Composer page
    */
    add_action( ‘vc_before_init’, ‘grve_vc_set_as_theme’ );
    if ( ! function_exists( ‘grve_vc_set_as_theme’ ) ) {
    function grve_vc_set_as_theme() {
    //vc_set_as_theme();
    }
    }

Although I’ve commented the line vc_set_as_them();, after I deactivated the theme and the plugin, then reactivated them, the tabs are still missing and I’m not able to used my license for WPBakery Page Builder.

I’ve contacted their support and they said I have to sort this out with the theme author… They believe you are using some other code to prevent the plugin from working fully.

Unfortunately my support license has expired and I’m not going to buy a new one. I believe this is out of scope of support license as they are preventing another plugin from working.

Any suggestions on how I could fix this ?

Many thanks

The issue you have is that there is a good chance (and perfectly reasonable step by the author) that the version of WP Bakery included with the theme is adapted to suit the theme, and therefore replacing it with a standard copy will not work.

Out of interest why are you using a fresh copy? @greatives are one of the most highly respected authors on envato, not to mention Osmosis is an incredibly strong item. I would be hugely surprised if they are not updating their themes (and plugins) to the latest copies?

You could look on www.studio.envato.com for a freelancer to help or else have you tried asking the author on item comments to at least see if they will be able to tell you if it is going to even be possible?

1 Like

The reason I want a personal license is because WPBakery plugin offers more than what is included with the theme’s version.

I will leave a comment then.

Thank you

Thanks @charlie4282

@graphicsxp As far as I can see you have not purchased Osmosis a while ago, you purchased it more than 2 years ago. So, I guess you already know that we do not provide the Page Builder as it is - https://docs.greatives.eu/tutorials/visual-composer-and-bundled-plugins-updates/. Actually, when you first installed Osmosis, you should have noticed options that were added in Visual Composer several months or years later. We use our own custom grid system so we totally handle the options in row/column if this is what you mean. There are several reasons for doing this in all our themes and we’ll keep developing any next theme based on this philosophy. This is the only way to control the quality of our products.
About the personal license, you can activate it under Theme Options > Miscellaneous but this will change nothing in terms of functionality.

Hello

Thank you so much ! That’s what I was looking for.

The reason I wanted to activate it is because I want to use the Page Builder Template Library, which is only available to activated license.

Hope that you will respect the Envato support rules next time. Or at least you won’t create such a topic for no reason.

Thanks again!

I posted my question in the comments section because charly4282, the moderator, suggested to do so… In the meantime you replied here.

No need for moralizing…

If you read again the title of your topic here, you’ll easily understand what I mean. And yes, both authors and customers should follow Envato rules.

Thanks again…

that is a horrible reply to a customer @greatives … the topic title is correct, your implementation of the plugin prevents functionality from working (which i disagree with) but it is easily sorted with your first reply, you then decide to be rude to a customer because they asked a genuine question, I can tell English isn’t your first language so your wording may across harsher than it was intended but please try to be respectable to customers as it gives you a bad name on a public forum but could also harm other authors.

1 Like

Thanks for your advices @Gareth_Gillman. You’re right, English isn’t my first language and this is the only point I agree with you. However, it would be great to know your position when a buyer contacts you for support but their support period has already expired. This is the scenario here, it’s obvious. We simply follow Envato rules and we’re working hard (on our products) for the added value of this marketplace. No matter the wording, answers are always harsh for such buyers. I understand that you are probably against Envato support rules but I can not do anything about it.