Opinions on Master Bus Limiter.

I need an opinion. Even subjective. Fabfilter Pro L2 or Softube Weiss MM1 ? I have demo them both, i have my subjective pros and cons, but i am still undecided. At this moment i am using UAD precision Limiter and Ozone 9.

I use Waves C4 & L2 on my Stereo Mix Bus Out. Sorry if that does not answer you original question.

1 Like

I also use Ozone 9 and I’m very satisfied with.
What’s the reason for considering to change? Any issues?

1 Like

@gballx . No. It’s ok. Every opinions matters. Sadly, i am refusing to buy anything from waves due to their abusive upgrade policy.Still using SSL series and the 2500 on the V9 but that’s all.

1 Like

@Daydreamz-Studios . I feel that even on 48khz intersample peaks are present. The new algorythm of weiss and fabfilter have several lookahead improvements and less intersample issues.

The question I would ask myself: How big is the impact to my work? Will that peaks be noticed by a customer who buys a track for $25 and will a customer hear a difference? I mean seeing peaks on an analyzer is one thing…
To be honest, I have no clue about this intersample stuff.

1 Like

@Daydreamz-Studios .

Yes.You are right on this matter. But i am trying to reinforce the weak spots. And at this moment i am feeling that these unwanted artefacts due to intersample peaks are not quite what i want.

I have my own issues with Waves, but you don’t have to update, unless (as I understand it) you’re on a Mac (which I’m not). On Windows 10, I’m running V9 alongside V12 or whatever the most recent version is. You on a Mac?

1 Like

@EightBallAudio . I am on win, too. I am running v9.But there are other plugins which do not work on v9. So i need to upgrade.And this implies to pay. So i am paying the plugins AND the upgrade.Never:)

How do you mean? I have the old V9 from 2012 or so with V12 plugins I got last year running at the same time.

1 Like

@EightBallAudio . You have the V12. That means you paid for upgrade, isnt’t it?

I use Ozone 9 :slight_smile:

1 Like

A.O.M. Invisible Limiter - one of the clearest in its class

2 Likes

@LumenMedia . Yes. This one and DMG audio Limitless are in my list, also.

@Daydreamz-Studios . Also. Regarding the " worths or not worths it " matter. I am not using those just for RF media . I have other separate projects on the side. Some of them in mainstream domain ,others in various genres. For mainstream i am using lot of saturation/clippers ( carefully of course) and the limiter needs to be incredible precise in order to avoid intersample artefacts.

Okay, then you have the answer you needed. It is important and you need it.
If Fabfilter Pro L2 or Softube Weiss MM1 doesn’t meet your expectations, you’ll need to search for another option.

1 Like

@Daydreamz-Studios . Thank you a lot. And everyone else. I believe i need to blind test all of the above again.Maybe just my old, unreliable, damaged hearing is acting up. One bottle of scotch and everything will magically sound amazing.:+1:

2 Likes

No, I bought a few of the newer plugins that happened to be V12. I didn’t need to upgrade my old V9 plugins.

(To stay somewhat on topic, I usually use L316 at the end of my chain, usually with an SSL Compressor before it for makeup gain.)

1 Like

Ozone here. Get demo of the pro L2 and compare.

1 Like

@RedOctopus . Like i said. I had the demo’s and still wasn’t decided. The dillema was between L2 and Weiss. But thanks for your input.

1 Like