Open your After Effects CS3 or CS4 in No-English to English language, ideal for production of your tutorials

(For Windows systems) For those who live in non-English our language is a problem having to run our After Effects usual in our language, to explain a tutorial with screens or videos that include the English menu. I found a simple solution working to open your After Effects English non-English language, I hope they serve, greetings from Venezuela.

To CS3: Create a shortcut where you want, for example on the desktop of your Windows, should find the file “AfterFX.exe”, search your hard drive where your programs are installed, usually “C:\Program Files\Adobe\After Effects\Support files” ( “Program Files” finds him in non-English language), when found in the bar we are creating" direct access "would look like (including quotation marks): “c:\Program Files\Adobe\After Effects\Support files\AfterFX.exe”, before accepting, add the following option (important!): -L EN and give him accept, and they asked for a name for the shortcut, put the wishing, for example “After Effects English

Wonderful! Care to share?

Ah… a second post… you beat me to it.

You can also add a file for the language you want to open in in the AMT Resources folder, that’s part of the Ae install (Mac users right-click and Show Package Contents… then look in Resources -> AMT Languages).

Unfortunately, all of this stopped working as of CS5. But as of CS6, if you subscribe to Creative Cloud, you can open in multiple language versions, although it’s a bit of a rigmarole on one computer (best to have english on one machine and non-english on another).

To CS4. This option is a bit more complicated, and “sacrifices” have your After Effects CS4 in their mother tongue, it would lose, until you reset with the same steps that I will show their original language.
In your folder with your After Effects installed, (usually in: "c:\program files\Adobe\After Effects CS4\Support Files\AMTLanguages</strong>) there you find a file .Txt with the initials of their language, for example "es_ES.txt "Open it up and put it in English, en_EN now save or rename the file. en_EN.txt txt, and that’s it!: if you want to save a copy before the original language, remove that file (eg “es_EN.txt”) of that folder and save it somewhere you remember, for example in the same “support files”, when you want to return to the original language has but the en_EN.txt replace the file on the file. txt original. already this, I hope they have served, I have not tested with AE CS5, or CS6 with AE.

felt_tips said

Ah… a second post… you beat me to it.

You can also add a file for the language you want to open in in the AMT Resources folder, that’s part of the Ae install (Mac users right-click and Show Package Contents… then look in Resources -> AMT Languages).

Unfortunately, all of this stopped working as of CS5. But as of CS6, if you subscribe to Creative Cloud, you can open in multiple language versions, although it’s a bit of a rigmarole on one computer (best to have english on one machine and non-english on another).

That quickly! I thought that someone would take weeks to answer me, I hope that works, for me was a headache for weeks, trying to get my Windows in Spanish admit my After Effects in English, investigating, lost sleep, divorce (just kidding! ), I got it, it had settled any of this on the Internet, I had to research it on my own, I thought it would be useful to share, have a nice week!!

Thanks for sharing! P.S. If you have an After Effects question that you’re banging your head against a brick wall about, post the question on here. Videohive is not just a Hive of creativity. It’s a hive of After Effects know-how too… and there are some helpful souls who like sharing their experience, to boot.

Quick round up for those viewers tuning in late:

Reset language version of Ae CS3 / CS4 by running from command line with -L EN suffix or by making a new text file in Support Files / AMT Languages.

Hey guys,

in CS5 there is a much easier way to do this. Just create a file called “ae_force_english.txt” in your documents folder aaaand done. Worked fine for me :slight_smile:

What’d be really easy is a drop down menu in Ae. But Adobe keeps changing their policy on this one. I think part of it is to do with upholding the real-terms price differences from one part of the world to the other.

If you could just switch language, most people would probably just buy from the US (despite the invalid licence and probably import duties) and save a couple of dollars.

I kind of wish these products cost the same everywhere.