One Year Ago I Left Office

Thanx friend!

Thank you so much!

Hi Vlad, this is a beautiful story, most of the times I feel I’d like to do the same thing, but it takes nerves, courage and skill that I probably don’t have! I’ve heard your music and feel that it’s very professionally produced, so I am curious (if you’d like to disclose it): could you point me in the right direction for the missing and mastering tutorials you were talking about?
I’ve submitted some tracks to AJ that have been hard-rejected, but I’m not sure to know why. I know for a fact that I’m not particularly good in mixing-mastering, having always concentrated on the chords/notes/arrangement… So, have you any interesting links in order for me to watch to tutorials?

My music is rather different than yours (https://soundcloud.com/mrgralich) but having read your experience I feel very close to you, so that I’d like to write myself “One year ago I left office”! :smile:
Can you help me?

Thank you! :+1:
MrG

Very inspiring post! I am slowly also nearing that point. I am still also working in an office but I feel the time is soon right to do what I actually want with the majority of my time and not only then when people should actually sleep.

Thanks for your review!

Hi!

Thanx for your comment! I checked your last soundcloud tracks and it’s good jazzy piano, but I suppose AJ clients need more modern and simple music. Just listen more inspiring music with optimistic mood and chords with easy and simple harmony. Watch youtube video and advertisement and try to understand what music people use there. And before leaving your job, pls be sure that you understand the market of AJ (because I am still as a newer here and my level is not very high) and that you have sufficient earnings here. Good luck!

P.S. About mixing-mastering tutorials - it depends on the music style you chosen for your tracks. If it’s just piano music - nothing special, just little EQ, reverb and maybe some limiter on Master bus. If you like trailer orchestral music, I can advise Alex Moukala , find him on Youtube.

Thank you! Wish you good luck and hope the day when u can leave your office will come soon!

Beautiful true story. When what you think, what you say and what you do are aligned, that’s the magic.

Man ! Your story is almost the same as mine. I left office 10 years ago maybe not for AJ because I didn’t know that this site exist, but for music and playing guitar. It was hard time for me. After year of stagnation, complaints from my family and all bullshit which musicians must listen from “wiser” people I got a job in a music school. Moreover month later I joined cover band , you know - weddings, events etc. When my family,friends, and former office co workers realized that I earn more than them, they finally shut up :smiley:

2 years ago I discovered Audiojungle and stock music business and I fell in love with composing , mixing and overall production. I’m still learning but I believe that I will be good at it. If you work hard there is no other way :slight_smile: Today I know that it will be my main job. I don’t want to play weddings, events whole life and music which I don’t like. I prefer rock, metal and I love cinematic music. This site allows me to share my ideas and moreover to earn money.

So friend. Keep going. It’s good to know that I’m not alone with my problems and decisions :slight_smile:

One important advice - don’t listen to other people especially who know nothing about music, stock music, production etc. They think that we make these “stupid” melodies for fun and working at home it’s not a real work :smiley: Sounds familiar ? I believe that many of us heard that bullshit :slight_smile:

Sorry for making an essay in your topic :slight_smile: but you described so many things that also concern my person and I think many other authors here as well.

To sum up - I wish you all the best here and in whole music career :slight_smile:

Thank u for your story, bro! I absolutely understand what u feel saying “I don’t want to play weddings, events whole life and music which I don’t like”, especially if you like RRRROCK music (me too!). Sure playing music on weddings is a little closer to your dream earning by music but in fact it’s much more closer to a stupid office job)) So, I wish you all the best on AJ and with your band (not cover band, real cool rock band where u can play your own songs and have gigs with lot of fans)!

thanks for sharing your beautiful and inspiring story
Love your new job

@Vlad_INSIDE, Thank you for sharing! Inspiring story, really interesting and motivating! I am glad that people with the help of AJ find happiness and freedom

I can relate to this story…

I am a well-paid executive at the worlds largest logistics company. I had my first three and only AJ sales so far in August this year and the other day I resigned! I will lose my six figure income, my brand new BMW GT etc. In three months I will work with music full time. It will not be lucrative in the beginning or ever, but I will work hard doing what I love and you only live once. What is there to fear?

2 Likes

Great story! It takes courage to choose the way of creating art. But at least you know, that you bring something beautiful in this world, and with more experience - will be more variety of this beauty. Keep on!

So inspiring and motivational :grinning:

1 Like

Congratulations on your success. In my case I found a job which gives me free time to music.

1 Like

Nice story. It motivates me a lot!

I know what you mean…I’m just such a period. Left without a job. One hope for Audiojungle…

Thanks for sharing, wonderful story. I wish you all the best. Looking forward to your next update in 2018! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Great story!
Very interesting and inspiring )

1 Like

this is my favorite quote :slight_smile:
thank you!

1 Like