Notice the reception of the items!!!!

Several members means you and NicholasKramer. And of course the reviewers for resubmitted items.

For Motion Graphics, yes. There are also additional reviewers for the other categories. As Senior Reviewer, I review all categories.

Sometimes I do wish I had an assistant! :joy:

That’s why you should not be left alone to make the decisions. There should be at least another guy who looks at what you’ve done before going to a conclusion whether a submission should be accepted, soft-rejected or hard-rejected. As @BGMotion and @NikFek have already said having only 1 man going to final conclusions without consulting somebody else is not correct.

@rafidola the type of group reviewing you’re suggesting might sound like a nice solution, but it’s simply not practical, nor is it necessary. Each Videohive reviewer is fully capable of making the proper review decision on their own, without the need of a team vote.

There have been many occasions in the past where a project has been considered “borderline”, and we’ve asked each other for input, but that’s certainly not the norm. And I don’t ever remember a case where one reviewer overturned another’s original decision. Therefore, in the vast majority of cases, each review team member would ultimately reach the same review conclusion, whether for approval or rejection.

As always, if you’re confused about a rejection or need further advice, you’re always welcomed to ask.

1 Like

I never said a Videohive reviewer is not capable of doing a complete review by himself. The thing is you are a human being and human beings make mistakes. That’s why if there is another reviewer to go through the work of his colleague will be better. It’s definitely practical and logistically possible(you deleted your thought about logistics before I could reply because you realized you were wrong about it).
First, I remember a case where a guy posted his broadcast package being hard-rejected and asked what was wrong with it. Six or seven authors posted that it should have been approved. Then, he re-submitted his hard-rejected project stating that other authors believe it should have been accepted and it got accepted after that. Second, another instance was where an author got hard-rejected and sent his project to another author and told him to submit it. The submission got accepted this time from the other account and each time money has been generated through the product the owner of the account, from which the item was accepted, sent the money to the creator. Basically, they were friends and helped each other. If you have a look you will find the threads.
Finally, I don’t know why you got the thought of me being confused.

This is my personal opinion supported by constructive criticism for the good sake of Envato. I hold no grudge against anybody. God bless you all and I wish you all the best. I will stop arguing because it’s pointless.

1 Like

How much of an increase in author’s fees are you willing to accept, to pay for these additional reviewers?

3 Likes

Technically, this is a serious violation and anyone who does this is at risk of losing their authoring privileges. Just so you know.

1 Like

We all test rejection feelings but we need to understand why? and thinking with many views from different angles.The more rejection will result in more creativity, Believe me this what will happen in the end and their will be some new marks that will distinguish Envato as a unique market among.

Please, follow authors think more deeply… :man_technologist::man_technologist:

1 Like

Strange examples. If there was a team of reviewers watching every single item, than those guys would be banned immediately, because it’s forbidden to resubmit rejected items. Those authors should thanks God, that reviewers don’t notice how they cheat.

Really bad examples. I don’t like cheaters. And those guys complain about rejections? There is no conscience at all.

1 Like

You really did not understand what I had in mind. I simply showed where one reviewer thinks a template should be hard-rejected while in the eyes of the other reviewer it gets accepted.

And you didn’t get that maybe reviewer would have more time for every single template, and make better decision… but some cheaters take out those time and resubmit their bad works.

UPD: Yes, there is grey area where it’s not so obvious to reject item or not (soft rejections is only for small changes). That’s why some cheaters have another chance.
BUT if you often enough get rejections, it doesn’t matter will this item will be rejected, or the next one. It’s obvious your quality for market is low.

The project was likely borderline, and the original rejection should have stood. But the authors in the case you mentioned gamed the review system by submitting it again under a separate account, and were very lucky to get a different reviewer from the original submission. As @DOGmotion said, they got very lucky it wasn’t noticed.

I guess you´re talking like if you were an Industrial Light and Magic designer who worked for Star Wars, Jurassic Park or whatever. But I believe it´s not like that. You´re right about cheaters, absolutly right, but you really should be more humble when you talk about other authors rejections. In my country people used to say “the humility of the greatest”. Think about it when you say “low quality” of other authors rejections. Not always is low quality, sometimes Envato has enough of some works and is not because of quality standard. Or even better, some people learn a lot from failure, if you like to call it like that.
Good luck with sales!!

Wow, “low quality” are not offensive words. But you take it for some kind of personal insult. Calm down, man.
What I’m trying to say is that it’s better to focus on yourselves to make quality of your product higher. But people just complain and find other guilty ones besides themselves. Low sales (may I say this words or they are also insulting for you?) - it’s Envato did something… rejection - it’s reviewer fault! Author above forget to put 3D asset in the template files - of course it’s reviewer fault!.

You´re totally right about " it’s better to focus on yourselves to make quality of your product higher", I agree. But you need to read well what you said. Same thing when you say ironically that “low sales” comment. You really think you´re better because of number of sales? well, good for you man. Try to be a little humble, just a little, not much…you´ll see is better. Other authors with more than 20000 sales have more respect to criticise…maybe you should learn from them. Enough for me, this talk is turning into a non sense conversation.

Lol… When I say “low quality”, I mean “low quality”, I don’t say “my work is better”… When I say “low sales” I mean “low sales”, I don’t say that my sales are higher and I’m better than you.
Even more, I can say that more then a third part of my portfolio is bad quality items, I really think so. And sometimes I have low sales, for example last month was bad for me… How does your strange logic interpreter this words?
And it’s my fault. not Envato… it’s mine.

UPD: In other words. When I say “low” I don’t compare your sales/quality with mine. I’m talking in general.

1 Like

“When deeds speak, words are nothing”

Follow authors, complaining is not solving the problems. If you want to get a solution, You should start with yourself @rafidola . Works more on your techniques, skills and thoughts and think in one moment only, please, IF you are instead the reviewer and you are having the same situation, what you will do . Words are not enough to approve others yourself, you need more my friend.

Even @DOGmotion has not enough sales as you thought, just check his sales and you will see he is not gaining enough in this market as enough as his skills, meaning His skills not mating his sales, We need to support ourselve by ourselve in the end, we are freelancers

What does ‘cheater’ mean for you?

By cheating you will getting more problems and you will not apple to solve your problem but in opposed you will make worse than ever

The rope of cheating is really short and you will be discovered in the ends