Not seeing Genesis admin panel with Showroom theme

I installed the Genesis framework and then the Showroom child theme. However, Genesis is not showing up in the dashboard. Why is that? URL: http://thvcreative.com

Is this a theme you purchased on the Themeforest marketplace?

On the Envato marketplace

If you go to the theme page you should see a support tab:

This page should detail how to contact the developer for support.

Our understanding is that Genesis is a parent theme that you need to purchase on your own, then you can install additional free or premium child themes. But we highly suggest reaching out to the developer for help if you’re running into errors with the theme you purchased.

Hi @ericaski,

Are you sure you have purchased Genesis child theme? The only theme named “Showroom” I can find on TF is just native WordPress theme. Whenever you decide to use such theme, Genesis Framework will not be available on your site anymore (unless of course you switch back to a Genesis child theme).

You may notice that most items here have “child theme support” in their description. This always means that you can create/use child theme OF purchased theme, but purchased theme IS NOT a child theme.

Thanks,
Luca

There is a Genesis child theme called Showroom. I just found it again and it appears I purchased the wrong “Showroom” theme from Envato/Themeforest. Is there any way I can get a refund? This is not what my client wanted.

Thank you.

Erica Gustafson

Hi @ericaski,

For more informations about refunds please take a look at this article:

Thanks,
Luca

1 Like