No more rejections. New Mixing and Mastering Tips.

I’ve noticed that in the last few months Audiojungle are being more strict with the approved songs. The overall sound of items are changing. Do you guys know what kind of important points are actually being controlled more now than a few months ago?

For example, I think that many approved tracks sounds more quiet than ever, it means that audiojungle prefers songs with less limitation and volume and more “airy” tracks. The same with the sound, I’ve noticed that a lot of tracks sounds little bit darker, with less highs and sparkle. Same way with kicks and snares, many of drums and percussions have less importance on the mix and sounds lower and more “far” than last year.

It’s just my opinion but I think that could be really useful make a list of the actual demands of audiojungle mixing and mastering sounding preferences.

So, here’s my list:

• Less volume and less limitation, more breathy tracks with more dynamics.
  • Less highs and sparkle, maybe because they want tracks that not being in conflict with vocal speechs.
  • Less punchy kicks and snares.
  • More stereo imaging, I think that a lot of tracks sounds bigger on the stereo field, with more reverbs and delays.

Let me know your 2018 tips :slight_smile:
Cheers.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your experience, but it seems to me that you are moving in the wrong direction in search of the reasons for rejections. I think that the values in music will be the same at all times: a good melody, logic and harmony + a secret way to “touch” the hearts of listeners))

2 Likes

Yeah sure, I’m agree with you and this reasons are always importants.
But, I don’t know if it’s only my perception, I think that the overall demand on the quality audiojungle tracks it’s higher now than ever, in my opinion they want a different kind of mixing and mastering qualities. I think that they want more clean and flat tracks, I mean, in a technical way.
It’s because of this reason that I think it’s gonna be really useful a list of tips for mixing and mastering in this new “audiojungle” way, if other people think the same way, for sure :slight_smile:

Absolutely agree.

I’d say - music and arrangement first then mixing and mastering.

1 Like

If the song doesn’t meet the commercial standards, in terms of usability. The rest goes in vain.
It doesn’t matter whether it has radio quality sound or not.