newspaper theme settings stop latest articles on home page

Hi, I’m sorry if this has already been asked but I’m stuck and could do with some help please

I have a blog www.ihearthomeandcrafts.com - I have set it so that the latest 5 articles show at the top, with a button “select more” which should lead to the url for all my blog posts.

Underneath this I have put in selections for other categories with the same option (see more, leading to the URL for all posts related to those categories)

My problem: All blog posts appear again underneath these sections, which I don’t want. I have made all posts unsticky which is what I think the issue was, but it’s still putting through. I have tried changing the settings to show 1 post only, but this means that the blog page is also showing 1 option only rather than showing all posts on the same page.

What I would like is the site to look like www.seevanessacraft.com - similar set up - a few articles with the option to click on “see more”, directing readers to all posts on the blog. I don’t want to have all the articles showing up again, especially as I’m going to be adding to them which will make the page enormous. I would like the “latest articles” at the top with the button directing them to the blog page with all posts.

Anyone who can help point me in the right direction as to how I can stop these from pulling through? Sorry if this makes no sense. Please follow the URL’s to check out what I’m talking about :slight_smile:

Thanks all!

HI,

contact with your purchase item author @tagDiv right here as a comments

hope they will help you out from your issue.

Thanks!

Sorry, I don’t understand what you mean. Do you mean you’ve tagged them into the response for them to action this, or do I need to get in touch with them direct? If so, would you be able to advise me how? Thanks,

yes i have tag them and telling you to get in touch with him cause at here no one can’t help you out from your issue.
Of you have to get in touch with WordPress expert from Envato Studio who can solved your issue.

Great - thanks!

Hi mfairhead,

Unfortunately, I do not exactly understand what you want to achieve. I have checked your website and I saw that you are using the Latest Articles at the top of your homepage with the Read more button and underneath, you are using some sections where you add some blocks with a button which link to you to the right category, which is correct and it seems to works as expected. Also, the layout seems to be similar to your website example. If you want to have another layout to your category page, you need to change the Category Template from your Cloud Template Library. If is not what you mean or if you need more assistance, in this case, please send us an email at contactTagdiv with your log-in information (wp-admin) where you need to provide more details about your problem.

Thank you!
Catalin L.

1 Like

Hi Catalin,

Thanks for getting back to me. I would be grateful if you could check my website again if I let you know what the issue is? If you scroll down to the very bottom of the home page, after the section that shows the recipes, it’s currently showing “latest articles”. It’s that section I am trying to get rid off. Ideally I would like the blog page to show all articles, but no “latest articles” to be pulled through on the home page, apart from the top section where I have added an entry for “latest posts”. If all posts are showing on the blog page, anyone clicking on the “read more” button after the “latest posts” at the top of the home page, should be redirected to the blog page that has all of the posts available.

the website I gave as an example www.seevanessacraft.com works on this principle. There are no blog posts pulling through after the “kid friendly” section. It just means that any reader would have to scroll for miles down the page if every blog post pulled through again …

I hope that makes sense, but please let me know if you need further info, or any screen prints?

Thanks again for your help,

Marianne

Hi,

In that case, it seems that you are using the same sorting for your blocks and that’s why your posts are duplicated. In that case you can try using the Unique Articles or you can use the offset functionality according to our documentation from here -> https://forum.tagdiv.com/offset-feature/ An an example, you can set up an offset to 5 for your bottom Latest Articles from here -> https://www.screencast.com/t/ashOi4LjyPeP If you need more assistance, please send us an email at contact@tagdiv.com.

Thank you!
Catalin L.