This is happened twice to me in the past few months. Ive been selling on codecanyon over 10 years, only to get an email that one of my items was disabled due to the following:
"We’ve recently started a review of the items that are already being sold in the market, and one of our goals is to have the best quality items in EnvatoMarket. This being said, we’ve found some critical issues with your item, and we’d like you to solve these issues immediately to enable your item again:
- Data must be correctly escaped and sanitized. Look at your _POST and _GET data.
- No inline CSS. All CSS must be separated into an external stylesheet.
- You’re bundling old versions of libraries. Please update all your libraries to their latest version.
- Remove all commented/unused code from all files."
I have resubmitted item yesterday with explanation, and still no response.
- All my data is properly filtered, and using prepared statements with Pdo. I have never had any security issues.
2.There is no whatsoever inline css in this script. If you go based on that, then all of the themes should be disabled on themeforest, as well as any page or slider builder. Sometimes inline css is the only option.
3.All of my libraries are up to date. Since there are dependencies, you cant always have the latest in libraries because not every developer works at the same speed.
4. There are no unused comments at all.
As you can see it seems like a generic copy/paste reason for rejection. It does not specify what the actual problem is, instead just naming random things.
This approach is not fair at all. We are loosing sales. Instead why doesn’t reviewer say specifically where the issue is, instead of just listing reasons.
I would appreciate an answer from someone from Envato