New to AJ. Need feedback on rejected item.

Very unclear as to why this was rejected, could someone offer some insight on what to improve or not to do again? :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Monoxidas,

Nice track. I’m not sure that the vinyl noise is a good idea, though. The electric guitar sounds quite artificial. Maybe play with some hammer-ons and pull-offs to add realism.

Best of luck!

3 Likes

You have an instrument playing the wrong chords from 29 seconds.

1 Like

Thank you guys for your quick replies and great insight :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good harmony and melody! But you have troubles about a sounds. Real guitar recording is the best way to improve your sound or use good libraries. Add more transitions, filters to make your track more interesting to listen. Good luck with new tracks!

1 Like

I’m not sure I agree with this. It’s an Am11 chord, which I think is reasonable in this context. Maybe a bit more “jazzy” than is typical but it still sounds fine to me.

I think the bigger issue is just the quality of the individual sounds (drums, piano, guitar), and the mix. There’s almost no stereo width at all in this mix. In order to achieve that “commercial” sound you definitely need at least some of the sounds in the mix to be a bit wider.

1 Like

This is not jazz. I doubt that in this pop track this chord is appropriate and plays well. I am sure that most buyers would not appreciate such an experiment and I believe that this is the main reason for refusal. Of course this is a matter of taste. But this is clearly not suitable for this site. I think the author is not here for the sake of experimentation, and therefore drew his attention to the inappropriateness
such harmonious solutions. If you use such chords, then obviously not in this track and not in this form. It’s my personal opinion. Thanks for your fair comment!

2 Likes

Thanks guys, your discussion brings me good insight and understanding about the errors in my production :slight_smile: