New Logo for Branding - feedback please

I’m approaching 2k sales (thanks everyone!) and I’ve determined it’s time to start branding my items and sales pages. With the name plugin district, the first things that came to mind was a plugin outlet but that seems to be common theme for others with that in their name. I want something fun and inviting, and when you look at it you will know that it’s our brand. I’ve been playing around in Illustrator and this is my first concept I’ve come up with. Can I get some feedback on whether this would be a good face to put on my branding for CodeCanyon http://codecanyon.net/user/plugindistrict?

Thanks in advance for your time on giving feedback. :slight_smile:

Definitely prefer your existing logo. Not keen on this one… it’s too ‘primary’ red, the shadow is too dark and looks a bit out of place as it is doesn’t really reflect what’s casting the shadow, the outlines are too thin, and although the previous one may be a bit cliched, it at least has something to do with what you’re selling.

I really don’t think you’d be doing yourself any favours if you use this over the one you currently have. Your current one has at least a slight premium feel to it, whereas this one looks a bit cheap and garish. Sorry to be blunt, but that’s the way I see it.

I bought my logo from GraphicRiver. Saved me a lot of time and effort second guessing myself with what I should go for. Does the job!

Thanks for the feedback. I think I’ll take you’re advice and work with my current logo. The design is nice, I’m just not happy with the colors. I’ll let you know what I come up with to get a designers approval :slight_smile:

Jolly good! Don’t think it needs much of a fine tune, you’re existing logo. I’d maybe move the floor up, make the shadow wider and a bit lighter. Move the icon above the text a bit higher, increase the kerning on the plugin word, go for a slightly better font, make the green on the plugin a bit closer to the lighter green in the icon, make the blue in the word district a bit lighter like the lighter blue in the district and you’ll be good to go!

That’s just my opinion though… could look rubbish!

Keeping it green and blue makes it look like a hospital logo. You could play with different colors. Also it looks like it was downloaded from Shutterstock or 99designs.
Goodluck @plugindistrict

What do you guys think of this?

add more rounded, it might be more modern :smiley:
and change the font please

I’ve rounded the corners on the logo, thanks for the advice. Do any of these fonts look ok with it?

I think I like the 2nd font the best - but will wait for feedback from you design experts. I’m starting to learn how to use Illustrator in this process which is great :slight_smile: