New Forum Design (Your Help Needed)

Look better I think!

1 Like

Unfortunately ‘Discourse’ has higher standards in terms of aesthetics. An approved design in other categories does not guarantee an approval under Envato forums. Your design needs significant improvements in terms of aesthetics and attention to details. As higher quality items become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate forum quality. While I’d be able to provide feedback as to how to get this approved, I can only do after it has crossed a certain threshold, quality wise. I’m sorry to say this isn’t there yet.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

:smiley: Lucky we’re not trying to sell it, then…

On a more serious note, if you have any specific feedback, send me (or @KingDog) a PM and we can look into it :wink:

1 Like

Looks great.

2 Likes

Very nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey everyone!

I’d love to have your feedback on this design. We’re trying to bring a bit more attention to using tags as a way to navigate what you’re interested in. So we’re going to be adding a little tag navigation area to the right side of our new forum design.

But it’s feeling a little squishy to me in its current design. What do you think? Should we reduce the width? Only show one tag per line and thus increase the height? Reduce the font size? Something completely different?

I’m interested in hearing your ideas and I have Forum Superstar badges to hand out to the best suggestions :smiley:

1 Like

I think we can group tags according to their type and add in the sidebar. For eg: Web Themes & Templates will be a Group and tags inside it will be themeforest, ecommerce so that new users can also easily understand where to post. Similarly, we can create other Tag groups like Code, Graphics and so on…

Separate each group by a divider if possible so that it looks clean and readable. Also, tags can be made colourful.

1 Like

That looks like our old good beloved forum!

1 Like

I think width is OK. You can improve design. one per line is not looks good when there are lots of tags. for tags you can apply 3d effect.

Also separate tags to category so user can find relevant thing easily and fast.

1 Like

It would be amazing if you could separate the marketplace forums. Simple dropdown menu where you select which marketplace forum you want to follow and see. I hated forums since it has been all joined and plunged into one big salad… (my phone is bad for editing pics lol)

We do :smiley: Does the Category area not work well for you?

Omg all of this is so messy. I dont even want to get into it! Seriously I just loved old forums. Everything in one column. Now all those separated columns and categories subcategories. No thanks :smiley: reading forums has to be relaxing and like reading news paper… you simply flip the page.

Everyone (majority (as far as I saw in posts)) hates new forum layout and the need to push and select things. And Rarely participate in discussions. Its just… tireing.

1 Like

Finally, Envato is making efforts to revive their forums and long lost community. The previous shift to discourse forums had really devastating effects and lot of users like myself stopped using forums and thereby en effective user feedback channel was broken. I hope you make them better currently things are really messy not fit to use.

3 Likes

Yes!! Really looking forward to new forums!!

2 Likes

The first homepage layout is a great option. The more clear separation of the forum segments (Announcements, Authors, and Customers) is a great improvement on the current design.

As for tags, they are a good addition, something nice to have, but they always feel cluttered. I mean on every website, not just in our case. They are not my favorite part of a UI/UX design. Tags get used often only when there is no other clean and visual way of accessing something. I prefer searching for what I need, rather than going though tags until I find something helpful. Especially with the huge amount of data and information available.

2 Likes

I want say about tags under the topic titles: I never see what is written on these buttons-tags. I’m so used to them that I do not notice them at all. They are of different colors and cause confusion. I understand that the topic can relate to different Envato markets (Videohive, Audiojungle, CodeCanyon, etc), but this is too detailed information, and I think people do not want to spend time to study which markets this applies to. I think people just read the title of the topic. And that’s all. I always look only at the title of the topic and on the category color. For example: I interesste only Videohive and Graphicriver. So I’m looking for a green and blue color. That’s all.
Maybe you should try to hide tags to the dropdown pannel? This could make the list of topics more compact

By the way, it’s uncomfortable that the colors and names are far apart. You have to move your eyes all the time across the screen from the right to the left & from the left to the right. I think it would be more logical to swap the “Topic” and “Category”

As for the list of tags on the right side of the screen: I like this idea. It looks well organized and does not interfere with the use of the forum. I think this will be a useful and convenient innovation

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.