New Feature: Video Previews on Rollover

Smartik said

OK. Is this feature live or not yet, because when I hover the thumb nothing happens, I see only the preview image, no video?

It’s live for only 50% of our audience for now. If you’re not seeing it, you’re not in the test group sorry.

Very cool!

Hey justinfrench, are there any plans to add rollover audio preview to Audiojungle? Lately I’m finding myself with a quadzillion tab opened when looking for audio! :smiley:

mothinkers said

Hey justinfrench, are there any plans to add rollover audio preview to Audiojungle? Lately I’m finding myself with a quadzillion tab opened when looking for audio! :smiley:

there is a audio preview on item’s small image.

Cool! :- )

Great one! Well done developers :slight_smile: Works really great.

sebastianjacobs said

there is a audio preview on item’s small image.

Ops! My bad, never tried to click that little button! Thanks for the info Sebastian!

Wooohhhoooo!! Thanks guys, I think this was the most awaited feature for VideoHivers in the past 4 years. And I’m really glad to see it implemented. :slight_smile:

I do have to say one thing. I don’t want to ruin the party or anything I just want something to not go unnoticed.

It took 4 years to get it done. And the thing that still bothers me is that there was never an official word from Envato on this. Throughout the last year me and some others have done countless of kind requests to give us any official word on whether we could expect video rollovers or not. There was never a single word uttered by the Staff. Even some of our Moderators and Reviewers have tried to get any message out of the staff. A simple: “We’re currently not in the position to work on this” would have done the trick. But leaving us in total dark for 1 to 2 years (as long as I am a member here) has left a bit of a sour taste for me at least.

I have the feeling that only after some of us had pointed to an (awesome) AudioJungle user’s Chrome plugin which did video rollovers and was created within 2 hours, things started to get noticed by Envato. Correct me if I’m wrong though but it really now seems this way. If creating a highly requested feature yourself first is what it takes to be noticed by Envato, I foresee no good future of feature implementation here on VideoHive ;).

Don’t get me wrong I’m really happy this finally got implemented (-> :smiley: <-). Only the sudden surprice act: “we’ve got a new feature” didn’t really work for me since there was totally no communication and transparency regarding this feature over the last years. It’s more like: “Hey, we knew about it all this time, we just couldn’t bother to tell you anything about it”. Well that is okay, but because of that I now know that in the future I will never ask or suggest anything regarding any new feature again. It just feels a bit useless now.

Hope I’m not the party pooper here so I want to close of with a happy note! Again I want to say thank you for implementing this and I really think it is a great addition to the marketplace! :D:D

Awesomeness!!

It has been a long time coming, but now it’s here I think it’s really going to improve the experience of browsing Videohive. I’m sure there are plenty of tweaks, new ideas and speed improvements that can come about in the future, to make the browsing experience even more seamless, but for the time being it works well and is a huge leap forward for Videohive.

Thanks Justin and Co. for the work on this.

Great! it’s works for me! :slight_smile: I’m one of the lucky 50% :sunglasses: cool

Cool :sunglasses:

Awesome! :slight_smile:

Awesome! :slight_smile:

Dev team, THANK YOU! :wink:

Realy great ! Looks everything more alive! Thanks, Envato!:slight_smile:

hovering on one side of the thumbnail should show the preview image and hover on the other side should show that new video preview.

Having JUST video preview is bad idea in my opinion. Sometimes the image preview is much more informative than the 3 seconds short video preview.

maybe just do some system would be default - like mouse hover on left side of thumbnail shows image preview and hovering on the right side would show the video preview.

cyzer said

maybe just do some system would be default - like mouse hover on left side of thumbnail shows image preview and hovering on the right side would show the video preview.

I really like this idea.

That is so cool and useful, thank you developers so much! It makes the finding process much more easier, I had almost 10-12 browser tabs open when I was looking for AE templates. Really appreciated!

Great tool! Very fast loading and pretty effective! Good job Envato :slight_smile:

thanks for finally implementing it four years after I, and others, requested it… should speed up browsing a lot and will probably increase your sales 8-12% minimum this year… nice job, works great - thanks! :slight_smile: