[New Feature] H.264 MP4 Video Preview Uploads

Hi everyone!

We’ve been working towards improving the experience on browsers and devices without Flash by moving to an HTML5-compatible video player and H.264 encoded video previews. So far, we’ve transcoded the entire video preview library from FLV to H.264 and rolled out a new player that doesn’t require Flash for playback.

Starting today, authors can choose to upload an H.264 encoded MP4 file for the video preview.

To ensure a consistent file size and viewing experience, both H.264 and FLV uploads go through our transcoding process. In order to achieve the highest quality encoding output we recommend uploading a high quality H.264 MP4 video (with a bit rate >= 2Mb/s).

Thats good to hear because converting from flv to mp4 is affecting our videos’ quality. Now we will upload by seeing final result.

Any changes to video file resolution (640x360 / 960x540 / 720x480) ?

Awesome!

3eka said

No, this update is focussed on allowing H.264 MP4 uploads as well as FLV.

Thanks devs.

3eka said

Yes, there is no 720x480.

dorde said

Thanks devs.

3eka said

Yes, there is no 720x480.

http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/330
Scroll down to “Create your preview video”

Thanks. Yes, I see. Staff should update that page with fresh news about formats (+mp4) and resolutions (-720x480).

(Flagged post for staff reply, please check 3eka’s link and VH item submission page.)

dorde said

Thanks. Yes, I see. Staff should update that page with fresh news about formats (+mp4) and resolutions (-720x480).

(Flagged post for staff reply, please check 3eka’s link and VH item submission page.)

We’re in the process of updating that KB article. Thanks for letting us know!

Great news, thanks devs!

great

I think the new player is great, but one thing I miss when it comes to functionality is the ability to scroll through the item page while the player is open. Obviously, the video preview is the initial thing that I really want to check out, so that’s what I click on first, but if my internet is slow or I want it to buffer before watching the lot, then it was nice to have the ability to scroll down the page and read the item details in the gap under the player while it was loading up.

If this is an easy thing to add back in then it would be much appreciated, but if it takes any significant amount of work then I guess it’s not really worth it. It’s not like I’ve been losing any sleep or anything!

on my end this video has problems

I’m the only one?

Frame rate or fields?

doru said

I’m the only one?

It’s choppy here… Is that what you mean?

yes

urbazon said
doru said

I’m the only one?

It’s very choppy on my side too, windows 8 with chrome 28.

Pricop said
urbazon said
doru said

I’m the only one?

It’s very choppy on my side too, windows 8 with chrome 28.

same here, same system as pricop.

maybe it’s some kind of parental control? :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

stevehodgkiss said

we’ve transcoded the entire video preview library from FLV to H.264

I can’t imagine how long that took…