New Feature: Author Recommendations

Do random sorting of items from the collection. Or you can set up options(desc, asc, date, etc)

Guys, a much needed functionality for this would be shuffle / randomizing the order the collection items appear. At the moment if I’m correct, they show 3 items, first 3 items from the collection. But for example if you have a large collection of items? What then? Older show first? A randomizer would be great! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is a great feature so thanks! One point I noticed though (with apologies if anyone else has already raised it) is that if the preview of the main item is playing and you click on play for one of the recommended items they both play simultaneously. Obviously you can manually stop the main preview playback but I can see this irritating buyers.

Hi,

This is a really nice feature, indeed! The intention is to present alternatives to the item the customer is visiting at the moment and it will help its author to sell other similar items. A much welcome feature, in my opinion.
Well, I didn’t read the past posts so I don’t know if anybody mentioned this before but there’s something not working as it should be…
Ex. I have a Collection with seven items and I select that collection as my “Suggest complementary items” choice for an item that is also included in that collection. Of course it shouldn’t appear in the page as an alternative to itself, it doesn’t make sense, right?! It’s a wasted slot and there are only three! Now it does appear this way, so… IF the item is part of the Collection THEN it will NOT be included as an alternative to itself, ELSE you should correct this little thing, I think :wink:

Thanks!

EDIT: Thanks ENVATO, now it is OK! :slight_smile:

@andrewfreeman

This is good.

1. If you ask me best place would be bellow the rating here http://prntscr.com/bbr4ek
  2. Allow items in collection to be sortable so we can easier change their places since only 3 are displayed on item description.
  3. There is a CSS bug since on item rating is falling http://prntscr.com/bbr7td

Regads.

Regards.

1 Like

Any way, many times I include my own suggested/related items list within the description field.
Of course that they are not playable and don’t pop up previews when hovering them, they are just links or images with links.

Hi All,

Thanks for all the feedback so far. We’ve made a couple of small changes to Author Recommendations which you should know about:

1. The Item Details page heading for Author Recommendations on all sites is now “Here are some items I recommend”. We’ve made the wording more generic so that we can learn about which items authors want to recommend without us prescribing how to use it (e.g. their own items, compatible items, etc)
  2. The Item Details page will no longer be able to ‘recommend’ the same item (i.e. if the item using Author Recommendations is also in the recommended collection then it wont be displayed). It’s a weird experience for customers and something that we received a fair bit of feedback about.
1 Like

Thank you!
The ‘same item’ bug fix is very important.
If we could also select which items to recommend (not collections) or randomise items in recommended collection that would be awesome. I hope it will be possible soon.

1 Like

This is a really nice feature! Thank you!

As I can see, the order of the items displayed in the collection folder is set to “Descending” order.
Shouldn’t it be in an “Ascending order” so the last (three) items added in the collection, would show up first?

This feature is pretty cool, but in my opinion items from collections should be showed randomly everytime the page is refreshed, or at least give us the possibility to choose the items we want to recommend to buyers. In my case it is showing up always the same flyers and it is not really smart. Cool feature anyway !

Great new feature! Just one suggestion -

It would be great if there was the option for which of the items from each collection appeared under the main item. At the moment I’m seeing the oldest three items appearing. A random option could also be good.

1 Like

Nice feature! But i’m also have one suggestion or two. + 1 for random option or like in settings “settings - your item - featured item”.

3 Likes

Very good idea)!

I tried this feature in my theme. But I found ordering bug. Here is the product page on which I added collection:

As you can see there are three themes:

1. Apicona
  2. Remould
  3. DigitalLaw

The order is in reverse and the latest added items are in bottom. For example, first I added “Apicona”. Than I added “Remould” and last I added “DigitalLaw”. But the oldest is first instead of latest added.

I think the order should be in reverse so the latest added will be first. So it should be in this order:

1. DigitalLaw
  2. Remould
  3. Apicona

Also the best idea is to add ordering option too as it will give us more flexibility. I recommend you to add ordering option too. Or at lest, make the order reverse so last added will be first.

Love this feature!!

I’d still love to see this! Currently the order it’s showing them is really … not okay! Please make them random! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In Update Description -> Recommend other items -> Collection -> Provide features to select item from collation, Its possible to set Recommend other items select from mult-pal collations

9 Months later … can we have a randomizer? Otherwise it’s pretty nice, but very useless for people with more than X items.

3 Likes

9 Months later … can we have a randomizer? Otherwise it’s pretty nice, but very useless for people with more than X items.

1 Like