Need to Report an Author

I am sorry, I just realized this is in the wrong place and should be in the “Customer” section. I cannot figure out how to move it.

I need to report an author that is selling out of date items that work with a previous version of PrestaShop, but are not fully compatible with the new PrestaShop 1.7 (even though the author advertises that they do work with the new PrestaShop).

This author sells the main module, the add-on modules and everything else that worked great on PrestaShop 1.6 (which is why the author still gets good reviews because people still use 1.6), but had problems worth PrestaShop 1.7.

I have purchased 4 modules from this developer and every single one of them has either a broken activation, or is not able to work out of the box and required you to open a ticket and have them enter your store. Every single one.

Out of the 4 modules, only one has been updated within the last year. All the others haven’t been updated in almost a year and a half.

The author replies to each comment with “we have an update coming soon, working on it” or “please open a ticket” and has been doing this for almost a year and a half.

The way they get around it is: PrestaShop 1.6 is still very popular and more people are still with PrestaShop 1.6. Then there is thirty bees (which is great) that runs off of PrestaShop 1.6. So what I am trying to say is that there is still a huge market for 1.6. So the complaints for everyone using 1.7 doesn’t make a huge difference. The biggest problem is that the author is advertising compatibility with PrestaShop 1.7 and that’s not fair. The author is taking our money for a list of items that don’t work.

I went though and checked the reviews and comments beforehand, but it’s hard to know which versions the customer is using. With an overall score of 4.7, it looks like a safe bet even after you see it hasn’t been updated in a year and a half.

I spend thousands a year here for my clients and this is the only author I have ever had an issue with.

I went over to the official PrestaShop market to see if they had them available there. The only one that was available there had been updated within the last year and works okay (but has a broken activation). PrestaShop has a pretty strict evaluation and I am sure wouldn’t allow the author to sell the others there.

Many of the old update dates are around April 2016. It almost seems as if the author’s company was sold or went out of business and then has been continuing to collect money ever since and then realized at some point that they had to update at least the most popular module and paid someone else to do it with the money they’ve been making. What makes me think this? Well having something as simple as an activation issue for so long (for a developer) doesn’t make sense to me. Neither does the continuous promising of an update for the past year and a half with nothing to show.

I don’t think I should have to point this out either. It is right there in the comments and the reviews. I don’t see why I should have to spend time to write this and then make reports and screenshot galleries to show you every single issue when it’s already in the reviews and comments when I paid for all of these modules and they don’t work (so I lost the money) and then have to spend another few hours reporting on every single issue. My time is valuable. And I believe this is why these authors are able to get away with crap like this.

With all my purchases on Themeforest, CodeCanyon, etc, I have only had to reach out for support maybe once or twice that resulted in me having to give he author access to my back office admin areas and SFTP.

This author sells these modules knowing that the customer will have to open a ticket. That’s not right. They should all work out of the box. And if they don’t (which is almost never), then it’s understandable. But buying 4 modules from the same author and not having any of them work without the author intervening is ridiculous.

Hello. Please open a Help ticket at the Envato Help & Support Center if you haven’t done so already. Our Help team will be happy to check into it for you. Thanks!

1 Like