Need some honest opinion about my updated personal logo :)

Hello,

I want to adapt a new feel, a more modern and flat look for myself. Am currently working on making my current logo flat. I have updated my envato profile with the current look, however i feel a little insecure if this new look is better than the old. I am attaching both old and new versions on the links below. Please tell me your honest opinion, i would very much appreciate it.

New look!

Old look!

Thank you! :smiley:

New one looks better

It is cleaner and more modern. Is that a font you are using or custom designed lettering?

Thank you for your opinion. The text ā€œbvdesignā€ is designed by me in vector, while the ā€œenvatomarketā€ part is a font, i think LH Line Sans.

Itā€™s very nice work. I really like the Lilac colouring but you could always test different colours just as a comparison but the flatter feeling to the icon is a definite improvement whatever colour you use

Thank you, i have already experimented with some colors, but i think this works best at the moment. However iā€™ve been thinking too about the colors and will try some more options.

hi buddy, as for me i haf hearted indeed, the fact of the matter is that the previous one is popping out much much more and that i like best the effect on it , this is more punchy ā€¦ . On the other hand, the typo part is much better in the new version, for me , what would be perfect is the mixture of the last illustration wit the new typo part ā€¦

Thank you for your opinion, I like the punchy feeling too, but i think the old version is out dated, it seems not very professional and not clean enough. As for the typo i totally agree with you!

i would say that personally , i see this as neither old, not professional nor outdated indeed, the thing is that u have been using it for a while and it might be strategy for you to change it, which is completely a different story ā€¦

Well, maybe. I am trying to create a brand identity here and i think the flat feel will fit in with my portfolio (which will be updated) while the old one was not very friendly with my portfolio, at least thatā€™s how i see it. Plus all the 3d and glossy feels so outdated. Maybe i am wrongā€¦

1 Like

this is your identity buddy, u have to like it and assume it anyway , so run it the way u lil thatā€™s the best thing for you to do :wink: i just gave a piece of men mind to help , if i could ā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

hiā€¦ both are gooodā€¦ but I prefer the 1st one :wink:

Thank you for your opinion mahfoud_art. :slight_smile:

i think that the only thing that your logo needed is a rework about fonts and the way u put the text and u did just that , now thatā€™s up to u to have more tests about colors lol

1 Like

You couldnā€™t be more right - the new one is so much more modern, more professional and more grown up.

The old one would have been great in itā€™s day but is (with all due respect) a little 1990s/early 2000 for todayā€™s market.

1 Like

new one better! we love simple things but seems like beats audio logo.

1 Like

Thank you, but what part of the logo gives that feel to you?

absolutely new :wink:

1 Like

The new! But i think you need to change the colorā€¦ Give life to your logo!!!
Search for better colorsā€¦ here is a fast example i made for you (bad quality):
Cheersā€¦

1 Like

Prefer the new one. One suggestion is slightly increase the kerning, it would make the text far more readable. Nice design to begin with anyway.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your opinion and also your proposals, they are quite nice. I am strongly considering a color change, but am thinking of a bright color as background and white logo. And with bright i mean brighter than already not super bright! :smiley:

1 Like