Need plugin with multiple filtering options.

Hello, I built a site about diets.
Now I want my frontpage to have a filterable “diet portfolio” -
with MULTIPLE filtering options.

I want to have a few questions on the Filter, for example:

• Is it “Kow Carb” diet ? Yes / No
  • Is the diet below 1500 kcal? Yes / No

and by clicking the choices, the results should be filtered alway more.

CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A PLUGIN FOR THAT?

I found many filterabel jquery plugins, but all had just 1 filter level…
If anyone know one better - very welcome
:slight_smile:

Perhaps the WordPress Meta Data and Taxonomies Filter plugin could help?

Perhaps something like this is what you’re looking for?

FacetWP - Faceted Search for WordPress

Intelligent filtering for eCommerce, resource libraries, search pages and more

If the core product isn’t enough, there are also add-ons. Play with the demo and see if it’s sufficient.

https://facetwp.com/

Thanx for your help!

FacetWP does not work with pages - I need a solution to filter my pages.

The “WordPress Meta Data and Taxonomies Filter plugin” seems to be perfect for the job,
thank you for the hint!

I also found this one http://www.designsandcode.com/wordpress-plugins/search-filter-pro/ wich seems also to be a good choice.

For filtering pages, I guess I will have to choose between “WordPress Meta Data and Taxonomies Filter plugin” and “Search Filter Pro”!

juhuju said

Thanx for your help! FacetWP does not work with pages - I need a solution to filter my pages.

You’re welcome. You have an unusual but interesting application / requirement. Yes, filtering pages from the front end is not supported. That’s because pages aren’t typically supposed to be used for this kind of thing.

That’s really more the domain of custom post types IMO. Have you ever thought about creating / using a custom post type for your filtering? It’s easy to do and doesn’t have to cost a thing. Unless I’m missing something major, using a custom post type would seem to be a better long term solution? Don’t limit yourself to using the built-in types WP offers, it can do so much more!

Glad you may have found something that does what you wanted though. :slight_smile: