Need help with WPbakery and uploading images to wordpress

About 2 months ago the WPbakery plugin for my wordpress site stoped uploading images. Basically when I use the front end editor, I can click on the images to add to the media grid, but it never sticks. No matter how I upload the image, tag it, whatever, I can’t ge them loaded to the corresponding page.
I’ve updated everything I can think of (really not code savvy), tried finding updates or others with the same issue to see what the fix is.
I dont see why suddenly this plugin no longer works.
Any ideas, suggestions?

Hi

Please check is WPbakery plugin uptodate! Just my opinion you can try with updating WPbakery plugin to latest version and if still not work then please install and active classic editor (free) hope WPbakery plugin will work for you.

Otherwise please contact Item Author to get item support How to Contact your purchased Item Author and let them know. Item author will be happy to assist you.

Thanks

Everything is updated. Tried it on 3 different browsers, clearing cache, etc. Images simply wont stick.

Please contact your purchased Item Author and let them know. Item author will be happy to assist you. Thanks