Need help understanding rejection for plugin submission(Dependant plugins)

I have developed a dependent plugin that serves as an extension to an already existing core plugin on the Envato Market. The core plugin, which my extension relies on, has been successfully released on the market with a well-designed code architecture and UI.
Details:

• Both the core plugin and my extension share the same code architecture and UI design.

• The purpose of my plugin is to complement and extend the functionality of the core plugin.
    Despite these factors, my submission has been consistently hard-rejected without any specific explanation.

Questions:

• Is there a specific policy regarding dependent plugins on the Envato Market?
  • Could the rejection be related to similarities in code architecture and UI design with the core plugin, even though it's intentional as they are meant to work together seamlessly?

I would greatly appreciate any insights or guidance. Please let me know if there is anything that I can help with this process.

1 Like

It would be sensible to have spoken to the author of the core plugin first but without seeing what the extension is and what it does it is hard to comment

1 Like

If your plugin requires another purchase of, yes, this could be the main reason.
You cannot ask buyers to purchase another plugin to use yours.

1 Like

Are you really sure about this?
Does that mean I can’t develop and sell add-ons for products published on Envato?

I’ve seen a lot of people publishing addons which needs someone else’s plugin. maybe I need an agreement with the core plugin’s author?

The core plugin is a reservation system for wordpress and mine adds OTP authentication/register/signin and some limitations to it.

It’s AI

There’s difference. If there’s an item on Codecanyon, for example a PHP script, than you can create a plugin to add more features to the script.

But for WordPress, unless it’s front/back-end editor such as Visual composer or Elementor, you cannot.

It’s literally another booking system implemented through a plugin, and there are 2 other authors who have already published a bunch of plugins which are dependent on their relative core plugins.

If it’s their plugin, it’s allowed. You cannot just create an additional plugin depending on someone else plugin. This is the issue/problem.

Short answer, you cannot create one plugin and ask the buyers to purchase another one to be able to use the one you created.

1 Like

I’m assuming this is the reason for the hard reject then. thank you

I’ve encountered a consistent challenge with the submission of my dependent plugin on the Envato Market. To provide some context, my plugin is designed as an extension to an existing core plugin, which has already been successfully released on the market. Both the core plugin and my extension share identical code architecture and UI design.

The primary goal of my plugin is to enhance and extend the functionality of the core plugin, creating a seamless and integrated user experience.

However, I’ve faced continuous rejection without any specific explanations. I have a few questions that I hope someone here can shed light on:

1. Is there a particular policy or guideline regarding dependent plugins on the Envato Market that I should be aware of?
  2. Could the rejections be linked to the similarities in code architecture and UI design with the core plugin, even though these similarities are intentional to ensure compatibility?

I truly value any insights or guidance that the community can provide to help me understand and navigate this issue. Please don’t hesitate to share your thoughts or suggestions.

Thank you for your assistance!

Best regards,
Hassaan

Can you please share the demo link?