Need a Messenger for quicker communication with authors

Hi,
Envato should provide us a messaging system for mobile and web like upwork. Where buyers can contact with authors (after purchase) on a spacfiq product for support. It will be helpful for envato too. They can easily track the conversations and made right full decisions for refunds, disputes and removing product ratings which are not relevant .
Thanks

It will never happen for numerous reasons but out of interest, instant or live style comms aside (realistically how many authors, even the big teams realistically have time to man a messenger service?)… what would the difference or benefit be of a messenger type approach be over the current item comments or author profile messaging?

Would it not result in people expecting more real-time support or responses, which in turn is simply not realistic (author resource, time zones etc.) and will subsequently create more frustration?

A more standardized, envato owned support forums might make sense but it would be a huge project.

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Messenger is not a alternative of item comments and profile messaging. It will work side by side with them and will activate after a buyer purchase an item. Item name will be the topic. There is no need to assign a person in front of the messenger all the time for the company. if the author is not online or in vacation, system will simply send an email to notify the author or author group. Time zone management is not so complex task. author and buyer send and receive messages on there own timezone and a barner can tell them the current user timezone difference like upwork.

thanks again

That makes sense but still not sure how this is in any way different from if someone use the existing systems, message forms, item comments or author’s support forums?

Hi,
Messenger will be a private communication. only start after a buyer purchase an item. want contact with the seller without interrupt. other things will be as it is now. forum is a place where people will discuss about there problems, achievements, announcements. email communications distract a user from envato website to email website for checking email responses. messenger keep a user on Envato website without any distraction. i think envanto will consider my proposal.
Thanks

Other than that the chat could take place on an envato website I still don’t see how this is any different from me sending the author a private email once I have purchased.

Some themes sell hundreds if not thousands of copies week. If even 10% of buyers were to activate a messenger then it would become chaos for the author.

1 Like