NavMag - Magazine and Blog WordPress Theme, has been rejected

http://www.leadersoft-communication.com/navmag-theme/
category : magazine and blog

Here is the comment from your Envato Quality team reviewer:

1. Unfortunately ‘WordPress’ has higher standards in terms of aesthetics. An approved design in other categories does not guarantee an approval under ThemeForest’s WordPress category. Your design needs significant improvements in terms of aesthetics and attention to details.

As higher quality items become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.

Please i need some advice to solve this problem. What should i will change?

1 Like

Hi,

Unfortunately ‘WordPress’ has higher standards in terms of aesthetics. An approved design in other categories does not guarantee an approval under ThemeForest’s WordPress category. Your design needs significant improvements in terms of aesthetics and attention to details.

I got the same review. My theme was soft rejected before based on the design changes. So i did the design changes what reviewer suggested and further improved the design aspects but this time when i submitted the theme again for review the reviewer have given hard rejection. I have made many themes for other theme authors not only that i have helped many people on support forums as well and have provided support for different theme authors as well. I personally believe there are many themes with minimal design and they are getting good sales and their design is simple. I can understand their opinion but i don’t like is they start predicting buying behavior of people as well. I personally believe let the people decide. Many people don’t like themes with enrich features and they go for themes with minimal design which is neat and clean. On the other hand there are people which like themes with enrich features. I strongly believe everyone keep getting its share whether it is a minimal design theme or it is a theme with jam packed features and let the people to decide. Significant time being spent on development definately demoralizes the entire effort which is put on developing an item. The entire time spent on development is more than the time spent by the reviewer. The quality is not only highly enriched design which mostly becomes confusing for the people as well. I think they should reevaluate the entire review process. Also i think instead of entirely rejecting the item they should also bring into consideration the time and effort being spent on the development and they can tell which sections needs improvement design wise. In a generic review there is very little for the theme author to understand the opinion of the reviewer.

thank you for your msg … have you the theme approved in themeforest
before ?

Where is your work’s link?

Hi,
Thank you for your message. I am working on improving few issues regarding the images quality, typography, spacing glitches and is planning to improve design of few sections as well. A theme gets soft rejection first and all of a sudden gets hard rejection without any proper reasoning. These few issues are pointed by the experts outside Envato as well. I am sharing the link below. From development perspective the are not much weak areas as i know the standards myself as well since i have approved more than 10 WP themes for different theme authors. You can share your feedback as well.

http://architech.themesjungle.net/

Hi,

I have approved many themes for other theme authors.