Names Of Items (duplicates of keywords)

Not the slightest doubt about that. That’s why the guys at the SE dept should fix that mirror-word cheat or soon we’ll all be calling our tracks “It Is Epic how the Epic is Epic in this Epic Epicness of the Epic Epics”.

@KingDog @BenLeong, it would be great to see some changes in this regard. :slight_smile:

P.S.: BTW, I don’t do Epic tracks. Heheh :wink:

1 Like

Pun intended? :laughing:

2 Likes

Who? Me? I would never!!! Hahahah! :rofl: :wink:

But seriously, this naming psychosis is as hilarious as sad. It seems to affect only certain categories, though, ain’t so? I tested naming one my tracks this way (“Fantasy is Fantasy”) and it didn’t change its place in the search results.

I tested it on several tracks. In all cases, the net result was negative. Search positions either dropped or disappeared altogether.

1 Like

Totally. My track was somewhere around mid first page and it completely dissapeared after the maneuver.

1 Like

Enough is Enough :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Yes, with the current situation it becomes necessary.

Forced is Forsed :grin::grin::grin:

Three weeks passed and no changes.
Why not just add a check for duplicates in the title on uploading and editing item?

We’ve heard on meetup that there will be some change in the title naming policy in the nearest future. @KingDog maybe you know when we can expect it?

I haven’t heard of an exact date yet :grin:

3 Likes

The only thing you can confirm is “not today”. :joy:

1 Like

This is probably true :joy:

1 Like

I am just questioning if a policy change will be enough to deal with this problem. It’s A LOT of authors doing this now. There is also a policy that fresh tracks should not be advertised as on sale, but rather intro price, still “everybody” use sale on intro priced tracks. It would be unfortunate if support and authors have to spend time on reporting these cases in the future.

The best would be to change the search system so it does not count search ranking twice from the same keyword. Please chime in if you have thoughts @rosssimpson and @trent-aus. Just search for future bass or hip hop and you will see the problem. Thanks!

4 Likes

Exactly. Why wasting time on “new title naming policies” when you can solve the problem itself. Treat the cause, not the symptoms. But I know, I know - this topic has been discussed to death and back multiple times…

1 Like

Now Envato has decided to solve this issue with new title guidelines (instead of fixing the search algorithm) :roll_eyes:

But now I am wondering: Could I still name my songs something like Motivational Motivation or Inspiring Inspiration or maybe Aspire is Inspire ??? :rofl:

1 Like

Well, so far the site is still plagued by double and triple keyword titles. The hip-hopping hip-hoppers have not hopped in the new naming policy yet. Maybe their hips acke and they just can’t hop.

Just kidding, let’s see how it turns out in these next few days.

1 Like

Wow!! This is really not fair.

A few authors did implement the new guidelines in time and some others are still taking advantage of double tags in item titles. :angry:

I suggest those items should either be moved to the soft rejected queue or the search algorithm should place them at the very end of search results.

@KingDog

1 Like

Yup. Well, at least we know for sure that Indie Rock is still Indie Rock and not Goregrind, Ambient Music is Ambient Music (top of the page, nicely selling) and Hip hop is hip hop and not Global Warming. It really makes you feel that following the rules makes you a complete and total moron.

1 Like

With new policy changes there is typically a measure of time given for authors to update thier items and some time required for the item review team to enforce the new policy.

But it comes down to which side of the policy would you like to be on when you’re looking at having an item disabled? :wink: Always best to work along with new requirements than risk the downside.

2 Likes

Well, sure, it is quite hard to re-title whole portfolio, but it is not an excuse. Why then new accepted items are getting approved with same clunky keyword’ish item names? It seems like there’s no changes in items naming convention.

Energetic Upbeat Indie Rock Party
Romantic Sentimental Inspiring Wedding Background
Action Motivation Sport Trailer

These are new items, accepted while new titling policy is up. I don’t get the point.

1 Like