my track was rejected

I’m still new here … I made a track based on many other tracks I saw at AJ, but it was rejected. Can anyone help me understand why it was rejected so I can improve my compositions?

Hello my friend, I listened to your music. It was a little loud, the voices seem to be mixed together.
I think it would be better if you could do it a little soft. Good luck…

Hello,

I just listened now to your item. I think it’s a very cool track and very well written, however I think the problem is mainly with the quality. I will list some things that I personally think would help improve the track:

• Samples selection: I truly believe selecting a good sample is half the way (exactly like recording). The drums in my honest opinion sound a bit too basic. I would honestly use better samples

• Layering: Sometimes 1 good sample won’t get the job done. Sometimes we use (for example here) an acoustic kickdrum and add some EDM kick on top and EQ them together so they form in unison a nice firm kick. Same goes for the snare/clap.

• Last but not least: Mixing: I really think your track (see picture below) is too bassey and has too much information in the low end in comparison to the rest and that makes it sound too boomey and muddy.

I hope this was a bit helpful and let me know if you need anything in a private message! :slight_smile:

All the best!

1 Like