My template Luxio don't work - Message 0

Good morning,
I purchased the Luxio template which I installed. I have an error message on the home page (0 Failed opening required ‘C:\xampp\htdocs.…\components\com_sppagebuilder\parser./…/helpers/helper.php’ (include_path= ‘.;c:\php\includes’)). I contacted Joomlabuff 2 days ago on joomlabuff.freshdesk.com with my Purchase code… He doesn’t answer me. I do not know what to do. Can you help me ? THANKS

Hi,

Please contact the author of your purchased template through the right channel, the author will assist you.

How to contact an author to get support or for any technical query:

Thanks

1 Like

I have already contacted the author as I told you (joomlabuff on https://joomlabuff.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/31523) but he has not responded for 2 days. It is written that he responds within 24 hours in the 6 month contract that I signed! How to do ? Can you contact your author of the template that you sell on your site? THANKS

Sorry! to know that the author is not responding.

You can let the template author know that you need their help by posting comments going through the template Comments page in themeforest.

If the author does not respond to your help ticket or in items comment then You can request a refund here.

Here is all the information about refunds:
Envato Market Refund Rules.

Thanks

It’s not a problem with refunds. I would like the template I bought (from you) to work. I’d have to buy another one… with the same problem?
The author can only be contacted through his own medium

joomlabuff freshdesk com support home

What I did initially (with my purchase code…)

I’m stuck.
You can’t try to contact him, is he still alive?

Thanks for helping me

As I have requested to post a comment in the template Comment page. Author should reply your comment but if they don’t then you can report it directly to Envato support.

Thanks

I’m not at envato support? Where is envato support? Between themeforest, envato, joomlabuff, I get lost. Can’t communicate with each other? It’s hard to have an answer to a problem in these conditions. Kind regards

I can see you have posted a comment in the template comment page about 19 hours ago. Author should response soon.

Please open an Envato Customer support Help ticket and let them know. Envato Customer support team will be happy to assist you.

Thanks