My template is soft rejected, please provide feedback what to change.

Hi All,

I upload html template on themeforest, demo url:

Getting soft rejection again and again related to:

1. TYPOGRAPHIC HIERARCHY
  2. VISUAL HIERARCHY
  3. SPACING AND ALIGNMENT

But I am really not getting what to change as I find everything ok from my side. I need help for my first upload.

Thanks,
STW Team

Hello stwstore, to be honest, this template looks really “outdated”, it’s missing the “premium” look and feel.
It looks so basic, font combination + color combination is awful.

TYPOGRAPHIC HIERARCHY -

As I stated above, I don’t really like raleway used in this template, line-height needs some changes. In footer, this fonts looks “cheap” on gray background + PLEASE avoid using raleway weight 400, instead use light weight (300) for body and weight 200 for titles.

-The " Featured Brands " section looks awful, 3 different fonts + cheap gradient background + iPhone, seriously? You have to fix that and re-organise the fonts, maybe replace “Shop Now” italic font with button instead using the whole section as an redirect.

VISUAL HIERARCHY -

Really nothing much to say, the whole template looks so cheap, it’s missing the premium look, I don’t like gray patterns, main nav border color looks awful because of the gray pattern behind it.

• The " GET 10% OFF" section appears blurred and its so ugly that its actually hurting my eyes. The badge looks way too cheap.
  • The actual hero slider is too small, it has to catch customer’s attention.
  • “Customer Choice” section looks like it’s not its place to be there + atleast you should come up with random product names instead of using the “Product Name”, it will give the template the premium look in some way.

SPACING AND ALIGMENT -

It’s fine, missing a few corrections in line-height.

Altogether, there aren’t really many things I like when looking at this template, as I said, it’s missing the premium look and feel, there are many many templates on TF that I would chose to buy instead this one.

This is my honest opinion, don’t take it personally.

Hi , i agree with @LeoneDesign

But i would courage you that your template needs little improvements and then it can work. Soft rejection means you are almost there.

Try to use famous Font families in your start , like Roboto For Headings, and Lato for Text paragraphs, lists etc. There are more famous font families, you can check some templats on themeForest and analyse their families.

Keep line height, constant, and font size constant, align things properly.

I personally think you need some glowing colors, for this type of work… see my template. https://themeforest.net/item/webful-marketplace-responsive-ecommerce-html-template/16958246

Visual Hierarchy means your sections should explain themself, Clearly when suer reach them. Dont use so many banners, keep things simple and smart. do some more search…

Make sure all spacing top bottom is equal… to everything. If somewhere spacing equal does not look good, talk to reviewer on your submission and let him know why spacing equal here would not look good, as you can see in my template home page spacing below slider is different than all other sections, which reviewer asked to make equal and i guided him the equal spacing here would not look good and he agreed.

that’s it…

Hi @LeoneDesign,

I like your feedback, this my first template and I learned many more things.

Thanks,
STW Team

Hi @webfulcreationsvisio

Thanks for feedback. I will work on those feedback.

Thanks,
STW Team

Hi,

I did changes, please review and let me know your feedback.

Links:

Thanks,
STW Team

please check changes.

looks much clean now you should upload it now.

Honestly, you’ll be rejected again, the visual hierarchy is still messed up, its still missing the premium look.

Sorry but it would definitely be rejected.

• avoidable validation issues

• typography is still not great esp. on banners

• repetitive product info looks lazy and unfinished

• generally the design lacks premium feel and seems quite outdated

• mega menu oculd be executed better (quite a lot of white space)

• careful you have rights etc. to use all those product shots, there’s some which look like they would be protected.

1 Like

Hi @LeoneDesign,

First of all, thanks for feedback. I bit confused about visual hierarchy, if you put some light. I used all elements properly.

Thanks,
STW Team

1 Like

Hi @charlie4282,

Thanks for feedback.

Thanks,
STW Team

Hi @webfulcreationsvisio

Thanks for feedback.

Thanks,
STW Team

Hi,

I did changes,But getting my template soft rejection again.

1. TYPOGRAPHIC HIERARCHY
  2. VISUAL HIERARCHY
  3. SPACING AND ALIGNMENT

Links:

Thanks,
STW Team