My solo piano track was rejected, why?

I uploaded my first track on audio jungle. but it was rejected.what is the problem in this track. please help me. thanks…

https://soundcloud.com/middletune/lovely-day/s-son8J

Hi @middletune!
Your track has only one instrument (piano). It’s not acceptable.
You can read about it here: https://help.author.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000471783-AudioJungle-Items-We-Do-and-Don-t-Need

Piano tracks are acceptable.

2 Likes

Well, in the article “AudioJungle Items We Do and Don’t Need” it is clearly said that
"Currently we are not accepting files similar to those described below:
- Tracks using only one instrument and only one note played at any time".
I don’t see any exceptions for piano.
Or does it mean “a track with one instrument playing one note only”? (who would do that anyway?).

No solo instruments like trumpet etc.

1 Like

sounds amateur (I mean performance), that’s all in my opinion

only one instrument AND only one note. I have tons of solo piano tracks.

1 Like

The piano VST you’re using sounds like it’s from an old casio. There also seems to be very little (or no) variation on your note velocities. It also sounds like these notes were entered by a mouse, rather than recorded by a keyboard (both can work, but when the left hand chords always hit exactly at the same time it sounds unnatural).

According to this guideline,
as far as I understand it
I think AudioJungle means that
they do not accept monophonic solo instrumental music,
for example solo trumpet music, or solo flute music, or solo bassoon music.

But they accept polyphonic solo instrumental music,
for example solo piano music, solo guitar music, solo harp music,
but only if they are playing AT LEAST 2 notes at a time,
so technically that would be polyphonic
so that is what AudioJungle does accept according to this guideline.

If we are thinking about DAWs and VST instruments,
then we could say something like this:

“monophonic” means we set the polyphony/voices on a VST instrument to 1, and

“polyphonic” means we set the polyphony/voices on a VST instrument to AT LEAST 2
(ideally much higher, like 8 or 12 or 16, etc.
but for solo piano music with a lot of sustain pedal use, 64 or 128 or even 256 is the way to go,
depending on how much notes (=voices) are sustained at a time by the sustain pedal (although most pianos I know about have max 88 keys, which suggests that we could be perfectly fine with 88 polyphony for piano VST instruments, but in the VSTi/MIDI-world occasionally weird things can happen. :slight_smile: )).

I might be wrong,
but this is just how I understand it.

I hope this helps.

Good morning!

A couple things… As others have mentioned, a lot of the issue is around the instrument you are using. It seems like you are attempting to use reverb in lieu of the sustain pedal. Also the piano sounds like it is being played very hard, so the tone itself is very harsh. The composition does not vary throughout the entire track as well, I would make this progression the B section, and then write an A section in F Major that alternates with it. Also the breaks are not terribly compelling.

I would suggest you go ahead and listen to it using a new instrument, and then take it from there.

I use an instrument called Pianissimo by Acoustica, it’s a very lightweight 250mb but sounds very good. There’s a site selling it for $19, amazingly!

https://www.adorama.com/ac101710.html?msclkid=5c1b08c285231b3ffb1a5625a42fd413&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=[ADL]%20[Shopping]%20[PLA]%20-%20{Long%20Tail}&utm_term=4580428009562577&utm_content={Long%20Tail}&adlclid=ADL-6bffcd8c-ecf2-48f1-957a-b093ff2d7a3e&utm_source=adl-umbase

Barring that, try and EQ down your piano to smooth it out, reduce the wet mix on your reverb, use the sustain pedal, and lower the velocity!

Best,

Nathan