My Latest Rejection - Is it the mix again?

Hi all, Just curious if anyone can help me with why this would be rejected. All feedback appreciated.

Thanks!

Man, sounds really really good!! Really love the intro and outro… The only thing I can hear which could lower it is the drop - it sounds like the delays on the cellos have been cut off where you haven’t left the tails, and a couple of the note-ons for the other strings sound a tad early? (right at end of 4bar loop). Then at the end of the drop you have these lovely complex percs which sound a bit drowned out by the strings. That’s a really tough section to nail… The end is as awesome as the beginning. Quite honestly I’d be scratching my head with how to tackle it, because the intro/outro is so epic that the drop has to be reeeally good. Good luck man!!

1 Like

Thanks for listening and for the feedback!

This has given me plenty to work on in looking to improve it. I think it’s a case of spending so much time with the track that you stop noticing little things after a while because you just sort of get used to them.

Cheers,

Aphanasis

1 Like

Wow, one of the best productions I ever heard on AJ… compliments!!!

1 Like

Thank you! If only AJ felt the same way…

Cheers,

Aphanasis

This is a perfect example of an excellent track in the wrong market. Remember that we are writing music that is meant to enhance some other production, usually video, or as a backdrop for a voice over. This track wants to be the main attraction.

When you write production tracks, you need to envision what the track is meant to be a backdrop for and then try to make sure it stays in the background. I know this may be a rough pill to swallow, but this track is too busy and too demanding of attention to be viable in this marketplace, IMO. Dial things back so that they can exist in the background and you will get approvals. In the mean time, surround this track with more of the and and release it via one of the distribution platforms like DistroKid or TuneCorp.

That’s my opinion and recommendation. Great track. Wrong marketplace.

1 Like

Thanks for listening and thanks for the feedback!

It’s always good to get different perspectives and that thought hadn’t even crossed my mind. You could well be right.

I was going for a sort of epic/hybrid kind of ‘trailer’ music sound, but I will admit I got quite into the writing process and maybe ended up with more ‘listening music’ than ‘production music’.

Again, I really appreciate the feedback and will keep your comments in mind with what I’m working on now.

Thanks,

Aphanasis