My Item got hard reject - unclear the reason (unfortunately we found it isn't at the quality standard required to move forward)

Hi,

My item just got hard rejected. Not know the reason why!

I got a reply from the plugin review team in the below manner :
“Thank you for your submission. We have completed our review of ‘Advanced Contact Form 7 DB’ and unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again.”

Actually, The plugin which i submitted over here was the exact copy of my plugin uploaded at wordpress repository.

Plugin URL : https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-cf7-db/

Is my item got rejected due having same name of the plugin at wordpress.org and submitted one? Or having no changes in features?

I don’t know how can i meet their requirements.
Can you please guide me through what to do to improve my code.

It’s probably a combination of things but why would Spmeone pay for something they can download for free on WordPress.org?

Also under exclusivity rules if you are going to be an exclusive author then you can’t have lite versions elsewhere.

This is not to say there are not technical issues but initially these fundamentals need fixing first

Hi @charlie4282,

The same case for me. I also want to upload my plugin at codecanyon but it is already uploaded at wordpress.org.
So, Is it acceptable if I will upload it to a non-exclusive item? What other changes I need to take like plugin name should be xyz pro, xyz advanced, etc.?

Thanks,

I don’t think so

“Are there any exceptions to exclusivity for items that belong to the same Product Family?

Yes, there are several key exceptions to exclusivity for items from the same Product Family.”

….

“Envato authors of WordPress themes and plugins are permitted to offer lite versions (a version with reduced/limited functionality) of their exclusive themes and plugins for free on [wordpress.org.]”

It’s allowed now but this is a 5 year old thread when things were different

1 Like