my first wordpress theme rejected, I want know what is the problem? here is the Message from Envato Quality team
Thank you for your submission. We have completed our review of “Deebs - Modern Blog For Profesionals” and unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again.
Please see this theme http://deebs.webforia.id/ and help me, who is a problem.
I had a quick look at your WordPress Theme, and, given that iam not a WordPress expert, here is what i can say:
- You have decent design and coding skills, since i didn’t find major issues
- You are competing in a very hard category : the WordPress Blog. This has been done a million times, so you absolutely have to come with something original in order to be approved. Your Blog looks really generic, regarding aesthetics, AND features
- Spacing is OK but typography is bad. There are hierarchy problems but also a typeface problem. I think that you didn’t pick the right font.
- You didn’t pay attention to details (post meta, icons, small text)
- Buttons and tags lack design work (add some padding, ajust the font size, font family etc)
- Are you sure that your Theme follows all the Envato WordPress theme guidelines ? (escaping everything, prefixing functions, not crossing the plugin territory, validating at W3C etc…)
It’s not bad, but it’s not good either. Your theme looks like the themes i used to create my first websites 4-5 years ago. Design standards have changed and keep going higher and higher. You still need to improve and to come up with something personal and original to be approved by the Envato review team.
Hope i could help, Regards !
Thanks. @cssninjaStudio, whether feature presentations are also influential for the review process?
Of course, the manner things are presented is influencial. But even more, when i say features, i mean that you have to add more features to your theme in order to get it approved.