Music Rejection Feedback

Hello all,
Longtime musician but new to the licensing world. Had a couple tracks rejected and I’m of course trying to figure out why. I submitted #1 and #6 off of this playlist. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Playlist not found

1 Like

The playlist has no tracks.

My apologies, it was set to private, should be accessible now.

1 Like

Good stuff all the way around, Andrew, I quite enjoyed it. You’ve obviously got the chops to produce interesting, quality work.

It’s just not the kind of stuff that AJ thinks would be very useful to their typical customer - especially at this point in time.

To get an idea of the kinds of tracks AJ is accepting right now, check out the most recently added tracks. I’d imagine you’ll find them trite, formulaic, and generally musically unsatisfying, I know I do. But, that’s what sells in this marketplace.

If you’re interested in placing tracks on AJ and the other stock music sites, perform your own forensic analysis on the best selling tracks, try your hand at emulating those in your own voice, and see where that leads you. Always keep in mind the needs of the end user.

Only you will be able to determine if it’s a worthwhile endeavor for you.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the feedback, kind words, and confirming what I suspected as far as AJ. I suppose my hope (as I’m sure most people’s) was to provide something unique and/or underrepresented in the catalog. As I’m new to this side of things, I’m casting a fairly wide net and looking for a good home for my music (which may not be AJ).

Thanks once again, very much appreciated!

2 Likes