Most Wanted: Single Product eCommerce Themes - $10,000

We've reached our deadline and this contest is now over. Winners announced!

As a follow-up to our last eCommerce event around dedicated shopfronts, we wanted to take things in the other direction and run an event that is dedicated to sites that focus on selling only a single product. As more and more start-ups, indie shops, and entrepreneurs are bringing their businesses online and looking to reach customers around the world, they need great websites that help them promote, showcase, and sell their individual products. And from what weā€™ve seen, dedicated single product eCommerce themes like this are in very short supply!

Weā€™ve put up $10,000 in prize money for Envatoā€™s most wanted file type ā€“ Single Product eCommerce Themes for all eCommerce platforms on ThemeForest.

Weā€™re running a ā€œBest Itemā€ contest where authors of all eligible eCommerce Themes uploaded to the marketplace between October 28th and January 20th will have a chance to win awesome cash prizes!

What You Can Win

The 5 best ā€œSingle Product eCommerce Themesā€ win $2,000 each

What Weā€™re Looking For

Weā€™re looking for eCommerce themes that sell one thing and sell it really well.

Weā€™re not looking for general eCommerce shops or Marketplaces with hundreds of products and multiple brands (eg. department stores, grocery stores, etc). Weā€™re looking for eCommerce themes that that are able to effectively present, promote and sell a single product (or product line).

For inspiration, here are some good examples of sites selling a single product / product line:

And a few other examples of of sites selling single products that could perhaps do with a fresh new theme :wink:

To be eligible for the contest your theme must be:

• An eCommerce theme that is dedicated to selling one product (or product line), and selling it well.
  • The themes can be niche or muti-purpose, so long as it focuses on a single product (or product line)
  • Themes should include website and ecommerce design/features that are especially relevant to single-product businesses and shops, as seen in the examples above.
  • Product pages and details should extend further than just a basic description or list of features with a buy button. Explore the examples above to see how a more in-depth and engaging presentation of the product is integral to the ecommerce experience.
  • Themes with ā€˜placeholderā€™ text or images in the live preview will not be eligible. For example avoid using the default placeholder products or text (eg. ā€œlorem ipsumā€ or similar). The placeholder copy must either contextually describe and highlight your theme features and/or be relevant to your themeā€™s content.

Itā€™s a Contest!

This Envatoā€™s Most Wanted is a contest. And like any contest, you donā€™t want to be disqualified because you didnā€™t follow the rules. So as well as carefully following the procedure below, make sure you read everything in full.

Here are the key details:

• Upload your items to Envato Market on or after Wednesday, October 28th and before the competition closes on Wednesday, January 20th at 23.59 AEDT time.
  • The winning files will get a share of $10,000.
  • All winners will receive the much-desired ā€œWon a Most Wanted Contestā€ badge.
  • An author can enter as many items as they wish.
  • Multiple submissions from the same author must be different to one another.
  • An author can win a maximum of one (1) ā€œBest Itemā€ prize.
  • Eligible items must be dedicated single product / product line eCommerce themes, and meet all above eligibility criteria.
  • Final eligibility of entries is determined by Envato staff.
  • Envato staff to judge ā€œBest Itemā€ prize winners.
  • The quality of the single product eCommerce experience, design and functionality of product pages, and overall relevancy to single-product businesses and shops will be key criteria in ā€œBest Itemā€ judging.
  • Envato & judges retain the right not to award ā€œBest Itemā€ prize(s) at their sole discretion if they deem appropriate levels of skill have not been met.
  • Prizes are payable only via PayPal, Moneybookers/Skrill, or Payoneer.
  • Only new items uploaded to the site within the contest time period are eligible.
  • The entry deadline is based on the date of the final submission/resubmission leading to the itemā€™s approval on Envato Market. Not the date of final approval.

Weā€™ll announce the winners a few weeks after the event closes, and send out the prizes several weeks after that. So, letā€™s get started.

How to Enter Your Items

What to Do After Your Items Are Approved

Once your items have been approved, do the following as soon as you can:

And thatā€™s it. Good luck!

Please Read Full Terms & Conditions Here

Originally published at: http://community.envato.com/most-wanted-single-product-ecommerce-themes-10000/

5 Likes

Hi, this is a great contest! I wonder about PSD items, is it eligible for this contest?

1 Like

Great! Iā€™m in :slight_smile:

Few questions

1. Is this required to be One page or Multipage?
  2. The examples you have shown, One item can have multiple variations like the popcorn website? Is that allowed.
  3. Is this going to be a wordpress theme contest or any category

Thanks
jim

This contest is only for fully working themes using eCommerce software and not HTML or PSD.

1 Like

Wow, so great !
Iā€™m ready to fighting :smile:

I have answered your question as far as I understand the contest.

1. It should be fully working eCommerce theme which means customers should be able to create account, checkout, etc. which I think is not possible with one page.
  2. As written in description above, the theme can be multi-purpose but should sell single product or product line.
  3. The theme can be submitted in any eCommerce category.

Great contest, Iā€™ve been looking for a theme for single product selling like SAAS with either Woo commerce or Digital Downloads.

I found the best one here, but unfortunately it is lacking EDD integration.

So, We are doing one theme specially for Single Product :smile:

Great contest!
Good luck to every one :wink:

I think, Iā€™ve got an idea :slight_smile:

Thanks Envato.

Run ! :smile:

This site really made me laugh out loud! Miss the late 90ā€™s, donā€™t you?
:stuck_out_tongue:

I have a simple question . If I upload a theme with multiple proposals (agency, restaurant, business, others ā€¦ ) and I create a layout(demo) for single ecommerce product. It is eligible for this competition ?

Really itā€™s great opportunity to show our creativity,WOW!!

A WordPress theme based on EDD would be allowed?

Great contest. I have two questions, if you can reply please:

1. Themes which were uploaded before Oct 28, but are still in review queue, or got soft rejected. and not yet approved. Will they be eligible for contest if they get approved after 28th and before the contest ends.

2. Can a theme showcasing a fashion store (like, tshirts, jeans, dresses, etc.) be considered as single product line? I mean, it represents fashion/clothing. Accessories or footwear not included, only clothes.

1 Like