Moderno Template - WPbakery editor warning

I have installed the Moderno Theme and WPbakery editor. When I try to edit the home page I get the following warning -
This page can not be edited with WPBakery since it is missing a WordPress default content area. Plus
Warning : preg_replace(): Compilation failed: regular expression is too large at offset 108893 in /home/customer/www/staging2.saso.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/editors/class-vc-frontend-editor.php on line 935

How can I fix this please

from the theme page I can see:
Compatible With Elementor

This theme is not Compatible With WPbakery page builder. So, it is a Compatibility issue and may not work with WPbakery page builder.

Thanks

It seems like you’re encountering an issue with the WPBakery editor and the Moderno Theme on your WordPress website. The warning suggests a problem with a regular expression in the VC Frontend Editor class of WPBakery.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially fix the issue:

1. Check Theme and Plugin Compatibility: Ensure that your Moderno Theme and WPBakery Page Builder are both up-to-date and compatible with the version of WordPress you are using.

2. Deactivate Other Plugins: Temporarily deactivate other plugins one by one to see if any of them are conflicting with WPBakery. If the issue disappears after deactivating a particular plugin, that plugin might be the culprit.

3. Switch to a Default Theme: Temporarily switch to a default WordPress theme (such as Twenty Twenty-One) to see if the issue persists. If it goes away, the problem may be related to your Moderno Theme.

4. Increase PHP Memory Limit: In your wp-config.php file, try increasing the PHP memory limit by adding the following line:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

If you are not comfortable doing this, you may need to contact your hosting provider for assistance.

1. Contact Theme and Plugin Support: Reach out to the support channels of the Moderno Theme and WPBakery for assistance. They may provide specific solutions or updates to address compatibility issues.

2. Update PHP Version: Ensure that your server is running a supported and up-to-date PHP version. Outdated PHP versions can sometimes cause compatibility problems.

3. Inspect the Code (Advanced): If you have coding experience, you can inspect the mentioned file class-vc-frontend-editor.php around the specified offset (line 935) to identify any irregularities in the regular expression.

Always make sure to back up your website before making significant changes to avoid potential data loss. If the issue persists, seeking assistance from the support channels of the theme and plugin would be advisable.

Regards,