Minimum Price for the Items to Improve the Quality of the Market

It all depends on the quality of the item. You can have a $13 item that won’t sell, or $79, $89 item that will sell anyway. In my opinion, setting price limits (upper/lower ranges) is pointless. If someone wants to earn $1, let him have that right.

1 Like

You’re right. However, it will become more difficult for customers to choose quality products over time, because the authors are only trying to increase the number of themes in their profiles because of these policies.

Let the authors set a price, but we want a minimum price. Unfortunately, when you do not participate in the competition, your new products cannot sell and become a trend.

The themes with very high quality are sold for $13 or $19 due to this competition. This leads customers to search for such themes only.

I don’t debate the concept or potentially the need for it.

Nevertheless altering terms and conditions between envato and authors is not as simple as just changing the rules especially when there are existing items submitted under different rules

1 Like

This has happened before. If the authorities really care about this issue, very good things will happen for the future of the market.

1 Like

Agree! but Envato is a marketplace and Author is the product owner. The marketplace can’t force product owners to set their product prices. It’s Author’s own responsibility to set a reasonable price where Envato has a recommended price range in the price settings section. But Envato can improve its systems when it is time to assign Featured Items, Featured Authors, Top Sellers, Top Items, Top Authors, etc. So that any portfolio with unreasonable/very low pricing Items can’t be listed.

Also, Envato has integrated a feature tool (Author Discount Tools) for Authors to provide discounts on their Items. So, authors should use that tools to promote their items and definitely avoid that very low pricing competition.

1 Like

It would be better for everyone to just set a price range. (min price: $24 - max-price: $150)

1 Like

Just think, have any marketplace where have such price range restrictions for the sellers?
Envato market have many category where item’s price are different based on category. So, setup a price range is not an easy task because already existing items will be affected. Actually It’s Author’s own responsibility to set a reasonable price and Authors should stay away from very low pricing competition.

1 Like

It shouldn’t be this hard to do. Even if it is difficult, the Envato team should consider it in detail. What could happen if this situation continues like this after 5 years?

This will depend on the activity and performance of the Authors. If the author is happy with their less than $1 earnings from a theme sale then what can be done by the marketplace? To get a solution authors should have to judge their work and their item quality. and they have to set a marketplace reasonable price, and should not set a very low price only to increase their sales count.

Don’t just focus on the earnings of the authors here. As the competition among authors heats up, customers have difficulty finding quality products. Since customers think that all products are the same, they prefer the cheaper one.

We do not ask Envato to take care of the authors. We want quality products to be featured, not cheap ones.

1 Like

As an Author, I am also concerned about this.
As Author always should use Author discount tools to make their item(s) ‘On Sale’, and should not take a part in Low pricing competition only to increase their sales count.

Agreed! In my first reply, I mentioned this.

1 Like

I hope these suggestions will be taken into consideration.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

BTW if item costs $13 and I put 90% sale, what happens to author fee? Gives me an idea, the only way to kill this crap.

I agree with this @KlbTheme

1 Like

Hi everyone. Good points, we need to do something to increase the earnings. Check also the discussion about the subscription model for themes (not Elements) 💡 Move to the subscription model for Themeforest. This simple improvement would increase earnings for authors and Envato and still will be a great price for customers.

1 Like

Yes, totally agree with this topic created by @KlbTheme
Moreover, we do have many other suggestions as we face difficulties but I don’t think so, someone who is responsible for these decisions will follow these types of topics. But hope for the best.

1 Like

I can’t understand. Why you sell your themes (Clotya, Partdo) with price 19$ and talk about this? )

We have stated that we are not satisfied with this situation. When we change the prices of the themes, our sales decrease because the competition between the authors is in a bad position.