Minimum Price for the Items to Improve the Quality of the Market

A price range limitation would be very good.

3 Likes

It would be great to hear the authors’ opinions on this, I guess now the forums seem to have drastically reduced author activity. I think our voice will not be heard because of this weak activity, the authors who are involved in the subject opening a ticket can create more noise.

3 Likes

I support this but unfortunately I think the envato won’t change anything because it has never listened to the authors.

5 Likes

Thank you @KlbTheme for discussion. The current scenario is a win-win-lose for Customer-Envato-Author. Earlier WooCommerce themes were priced at $59. Envato would get 30% of that sale (for Elite authors). Envato switched from this to fixed price + % sale. This would guarantee Envato the same share even if the product were to be priced $13. Customers get a theme for $13. Ultimately its the authors who are losing out on making money ( the author would get $0.87) from their work.

A fair Author Driven Pricing would be 70% of the $13 for the Author and 30% for Envato but that’s not the case. So now it would make sense for Envato to work on increasing the number of sales and not the amount of money Authors make.

I do not see why Envato would want to change this strategy.

We love Envato, we’ve grown because of it. Unfortunately, currently the return on Investment for a author at Envato is less.

6 Likes

We want this change not only for the authors, but for the future of market.

4 Likes

Focusing only on increasing the number of sales will cause the market to fill up with too many poor quality products over time. Many customers are trying to buy quality products cheap now. The competition between authors is getting worse day by day. This situation needs to be fixed for everyone and it is not too late for now.

4 Likes

While this was an experiment, it suddenly turned into a battle arena where writers cut each other with the sharpest swords, nobody cares about the templates and development because in the arena writers are completely focused on high sales. Such over-deregulation of the market is not normal, since free trade competition does not lead to excessive price reductions, since there is an absolute cost for shipping products. A manager who can understand that the situation in the digital product market is different should be involved, I feel that this minimum price strategy was determined by an artisan who managed a store (I emphasize that digital and real markets are different)

Setting the minimum price between $ 24-29 will prevent wild competition and will enable customers to focus more on quality than price. I’ve been seeing negative reviews of envato’s customer support in many review services lately.

2 Likes

I think they’ll care when they see the discussion as there are previous sales writers on the Envato team, we’ve set up a big clan and it’s been a bit neglected and now it’s time for all writers to write their management complaints!

3 Likes

@BenLeong @Kristinbrodie what do you think?

It is because they want to be able to get into bestsellers, and some do succeed, but it is a general problem and it affects the quality. In the event that a few writers continue this process by earning 1-7 dollars, there is a problem, since these products are completed in 3-4 months, so these are not simply handcrafted dough products. The same situation has been bothering me for a few months, and now I see a spark and get involved.

Increasing the entry barriers to the market is necessary in order to maintain competition and customer satisfaction. We saw better products when Envato avoided the low price.

2 Likes

yes, I think too now Envato needs to take care of the pricing model because a WordPress theme price of 13$/19$ starting is not fair, so Minimum Price is a good idea.

2 Likes

So great suggestions.I also agree 100% with minimum price for WP 24$ and 12$ for HTML
Hope Envato listen us!

2 Likes

Completely agree @KlbTheme

2 Likes

100% agree @KlbTheme

1 Like

Please, for HTML without discount minimum USD 12 and for WordPress minimum USD 24.

2 Likes

Some rules need to be determined in the competition between authors.

Thank you.

We kindly ask people who visited the topic to share your views with us.

1 Like

While I agree that a solution would be good (was that not historically the case?), I wonder what legal/business implication that would have (especially on existing items) given the need to amend existing author terms around author set pricing?

1 Like

It all depends on the quality of the item. You can have a $13 item that won’t sell, or $79, $89 item that will sell anyway. In my opinion, setting price limits (upper/lower ranges) is pointless. If someone wants to earn $1, let him have that right.

1 Like

You’re right. However, it will become more difficult for customers to choose quality products over time, because the authors are only trying to increase the number of themes in their profiles because of these policies.