Minimum Price for the Items to Improve the Quality of the Market

In these times when everything is getting expensive all over the world, the prices have been the same at Envato for about 10 years or even lower. It lowers the quality of the market and it becomes more and more difficult to sell new products that are not low in price.

An author sells a product for $13 just to increase sales and the fee he earns from this product is $1. Our request from the Envato team is that the minimum price earned by an author is $12. Thanks to this, the earnings of the authors will increase and they will be able to provide better quality service to the customers.

We kindly ask people who visited the topic to share your views with us.

11 Likes

If you want the minimum you earn from an item to be $12, then you have all the tools required to ensure that’s the case.

Yes, We are aggred with @KlbTheme… He has posted very good and thoughtful suggestion that will be definatley helpful for all authers to increase its revenue and his customer service.

3 Likes

I’m not sure you understand the situation exactly. The price of a product must be at least $24 ($12 (author earning) + $12 (buyer fee) ). Currently, the price of a product is at least $13($1 (author earning) + $12 (buyer fee) ).

hello,

Yes, we agree with @KlbTheme. he posted a great suggestion.

that will be definitely helpful for all authors to increase their earnings and customer service.

I hope Envato improves it in the future.

Thank you for sharing @KlbTheme.

Thanks,
Anil z

4 Likes

Oh I understand completely! The price of a product is whatever you want it to be, as long as it’s over $13 (depending on the item category). If you want it to be at least $24, then it can be at least $24.

Why does the minimum have to be higher than $12 when you can set it to be whatever you want it to be, why must it be $24… and not $18 or $36, what’s wrong with you setting the price as $24 and others at $13?

Either way, I can’t see Envato increasing the $1 minimum on item prices any time soon…it would go against the whole concept of authors being able to set their item prices to whatever they want.

1 Like

Thank you for taking your precious time to reply. The reason we make this request is for the future of Envato. Almost all new items are available for $19 or $13. Because the sales of new themes that are not sold at this price are almost very low. If this situation continues, the product quality in the market will decrease and the authors will not be able to provide a very high quality service.

The authors should still set a price, but this price must be at least $12 because the buyer fee is $12.

3 Likes

Although increasing minimum price could be beneficial both for authors and Envato, it is less likely to happen (most likely will not happen at all in the near future). We don’t understand why some authors put very low prices for their products considering how much effort they have included into developing/creating their products, perhaps few bucks that they earn from a sale means a lot in their local currencies, who knows, but it certainly hurts the rest of the market, as buyers start to see huge price ranges for a similar products and expects you to decrease the prices as well.

3 Likes

A very good suggestion! A very logical point of view for product quality and increased profits. I hope it will be implemented.

4 Likes

I agree with this.

3 Likes

So if themes that aren’t $13 or $19 result in a low amount of sales… why would you want the minimum price to be set at an amount that results in a low amount of sales?

1 Like

I agree with this.

2 Likes

@Ninetheme @StylemixThemes @ThemeREX @Laborator @QODE @imithemes @MadrasThemes @charlie4282 what do you think guys?

2 Likes

Hello @KlbTheme Themeforest already suggest author to keep price according to recommended purchase price. If author earning less because of buyer fee $12 then why they sell their product in low price? I understand everything getting expensive all over the world in past 10 years. You should also increase your price and quality of your templates and support too.

The reason they sell at a low price is to be able to get into the bestsellers, some of them succeed, but we are talking about a general problem and it affects the quality of the product. If a few writers continue this process by earning 1-7 dollars, there is a problem here, we complete these products in 3-4 months, so these are not simple handcrafted dough products. I’ve been following the same situation for a few months, it’s starting to bother me too, and now I see a spark and get involved.

In order to maintain competition and customer satisfaction, some price policies are necessary or the rules on the entry of products to the market should become more stringent. The simplest way is to avoid the low price, envato was doing this before and we were seeing better products.

4 Likes

Yes, we agree with KlbTheme. he posted a great suggestion.

that will be definitely helpful for all authors to increase their earnings and customer service.

4 Likes

Hello,

There should be some limit in change price, i mean minimum and maximum price. so no one can change price out of the limit. I understand lower price of item affect on other items. I don’t know why envato allow price $1 to enter? Why then not settle minimum $12?

2 Likes

Hello @envato

Limit Min and Max value to control this, So there will be fair with all author to control price

2 Likes

You are absolutely right.

The fact that the price policy is completely free causes the product quality to decrease over time.

3 Likes

Hello,

Right it’s because of few author. envato also recommended to keep purchase price min and max at right side. but author not follow that rule and cause problems.

All author should start keeping price according to envato recommended price until envato are not changing min and max amount on text box.

Thanks,
Codelayers.

3 Likes