'Migrating' Wordpress/WooCommerce product images

Hi guys!

Hope somebody can help me with this! The situation: My client asked me to build a new WooCommerce shop. His old shop was a mess (lots of old plugins, old WooCommerce version, etc.) so we decided to start out fresh with a new Wordpress installation.

I moved all products with the standard Wordpress export functionality. This worked perfectly, it even migrated all categories fine, however sadly, it didn’t move the images. (All products are simple products and only have one featured image!) So I transferred all images from the old wp-content/uploads folder to the new server, but they’re still not showing up.

When I take a look in the database, I can’t find any hard URL’s to image-locations.

The old shop was running in a subfolder (example: public_html/wordpressv1/), the new WP is also located in a subfolder (example: public_html/wordpressv2/)

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks,
Pjotr

If you don’t see the old domain for images, you’re not searching right. The images should be there. Or try playing with the images upload folder from the database. Ooorr, delete every product that you have, create an .xml export file from the old installation, and import it into the new one. Featured images will most definitely go in.

Hi Ruben!

Thanks so much for your quick reply!

I actually did move all the products using the XML export / import method. :slight_smile: Are you really sure the import should have copied the featured images too? I remember getting a error after the import saying something about “can’t change server time interval”, maybe it’s got to do something with that? Should I try it again?

Thanks again, have a nice weekend!

Pjotr

Hello, have you found a solution ? I have the same problem. Thanks.