Mid-Year Mystery Email Campaign
We’re putting together an email marketing campaign that will feature a number of files, offered either free or at a discount, for approximately one week. If you’d like to be involved, please use this thread to nominate items from your portfolio. Please read the campaign details carefully as this campaign uses a new format, and it’s a little more complex than previous versions.
Here’s everything you need to know:
What is the campaign?
We’re looking for premium items across Themeforest, CodeCanyon, GraphicRiver, AudioJungle and VideoHive, that will be promoted at a discount of 20-50% off their standard price. This thread will be used to nominate items for the campaign.
This campaign will feature a selection of free items, and items offered at a discount of at least 20% off their standard price. We will feature different items each day during the 4 main days of the campaign, using the following format:
Day 1-4: A combination of free and discount items will be promoted via a special customer email. Each day’s items will be available for 24hrs only.
Day 5: “Bonus Day” promotion, accompanied by a new email. All deals from previous days will return for an additional 6 days.
Note: This format has been selected as previous campaigns indicate that the ‘bonus day’ performs very well, engaging a significant number of additional customers.
The campaign will launch on Monday 18th June, and will run until June 28th (including the bonus period).
What are you looking for?
Rule #1: You must be the author of any item that you are submitting in this thread.
What we’re looking for
- Items that are high quality, presented well, and up-to-date
- Items with a minimum rating of 4 stars OR a minimum of 20+ sales
- To help us be sure that the discount is off your normal sale price, the nominated item must have been listed at a consistent price for the 30 days leading up to the promotion period.
What we’re NOT looking for:
- Items that are old and no longer on-trend
- Items that have not been kept updated (ie. have not been updated in the last year).
- Items with lower ratings (below 4 stars)
How do I take part?
Discount items: Submit your nominations by adding a link to your nominated item in the thread below. Please indicate whether the discount percentage (from 20-50% off) that you’d like to offer the item at. Multiple submissions are encouraged!
Free items: Our Marketing team will be selecting these from the existing Free File nomination threads for each marketplace. If you’d like to nominate files for the free component of this campaign, please use those threads to nominate items.
What happens after I nominate my item(s)?
- If your item(s) are selected, we will contact you via your Envato Market email address.
- We will provide information about how and when your item price will be changed.
- Selected items will be promoted via a special email campaign during the week commencing Monday, June 18th, and will be promoted initially for 24 hours and then on Day 5 (the bonus day) for a further 6 days.
- In total, your item will be discounted or free for approximately one week.
What if I want to withdraw my nomination?
If you’ve changed your mind, simply flag your nomination comment and let us know that you want to withdraw your item from consideration.
How are items selected?
All items nominated must meet the criteria selection listed above. Items for the promotional will then be chosen by the Envato Marketing team.
Who is responsible for changing the price of items?
All item prices will be automatically changed at the beginning of the Mid-year Mystery sale.
For Author-Driven Pricing categories, it will (as always) be up to the author to decide whether you leave a discount in place, manually return the price to its original level, or set a different price altogether. As with all pricing decisions under our Author-Driven Pricing policy, that’s entirely up to you.
How long will my item be promoted for?
Featured items will be promoted for a total of 7 days. Each file will initially be promoted for a 24hr period (between 18th and 21st) supported by an email send. On June 22nd, all items will then be promoted for an additional 6 days (supported by a follow-up email send), where all discounts and freebies ‘come back’.
Timeline of events
- June 5th: We launched the nomination process (you’re reading it right now!).
- June 12th, 5:00pm AEST: Item nominations close.
- June 14th: We will inform the authors of selected items and will provide more details via email.
- June 18th: Campaign commences.
- June 18-21: Each day will involve a new set of free and discounted items, available for 24hrs and announced via a marketing email.
- June 22-28: All campaign items become available again (at their previous free/discount price) for an additional six days. A special marketing email will be sent on June 22 to announce this phase…
- June 28th: Campaign closes.
We’re looking forward to seeing your nominations, and helping you to promote your items! If you have any questions, please let us know. Please post your item nominations in the thread below.