Meet Unyson - The Free Drag & Drop WordPress Framework

We have great news for all WordPress developers and WordPress themes lovers. At the beginning of September we launched Unyson - the Drag & Drop WordPress Framework that let developers create complex WordPress themes with ease.

At the beginning we built the framework for ThemeFuse themes only, but it became such a great product, that we decided to share with all developers for FREE. So the open-source Unyson framework includes ten excellent built-in extensions:

• Drag & Drop Builder
  • Shortcodes
  • Portfolio
  • Mega Menu
  • Sidebars
  • Styling
  • Slider
  • Breadcrumbs
  • SEO
  • Backup

Unyson framework is free and will always be, so you may create WordPress themes using Unyson and being allowed to sell them on Envato or other marketplaces. The icing on the cake being the visual drag & drop page builder that will let you create countless pages at a drop of a dime.

Here are some links that will help you view and test the Unyson WordPress framework:

Live Demo – a demo of the first theme built on Unyson

Test Labs – test the framework on our servers for 14 days

Unyson Page – find out more about the features & built in extensions

Developer Manual – all you need to know about Unyson

Trello Development Board – post ideas and stay up to date with the development

GitHub Repository – download the latest version of our framework and post issues

Note: Unyson 1.1.0 version works perfect with WordPress 4.0.

1 Like

I saw this in the thread for the option frameworks, great great work!

I saw somewhere that it has One Click Demo install integration, or am I mistaken?

Thank you guys. That looks awesome and being built from a reputable author should probably be a good choice for everybody.

Thank you once again.

is there documentation about how to create our own module for drag and drop interface?

Yesterday I’ve already tried it in my localhost, it’s really promising…

But, I really hope that the design of theme options layout will be just like other options frameworks (let’s say, SMOF), you know, the menu on the left (with child menu), the content of options is on the right. That’d be super duper awesome…

Thanks a lot for your great work done :slight_smile: Awesome work done.

juarathemes said

But, I really hope that the design of theme options layout will be just like other options frameworks (let’s say, SMOF), you know, the menu on the left (with child menu), the content of options is on the right. That’d be super duper awesome…

Yes, yes. + 1 here

I admire the people who make open source. But regarding this framework I must say that most of the so called extensions should not be a part of the framework itself. They must be separated in plugins. From the list you provided I think that only the “Backup”, “Styling” and maybe “Slider” should be included, everything else must be a separated plugin.

Right now it is allowed on Themeforest, but I don’t think it’s a good choice to do it so. Think of Phase 2 where all this will be required to be moved in plugins.

Probably some will not approve my oppinion but I prefer to move all this in plugins. :slight_smile:

Wish you good luck and thank you for being open source.

Andrei.

Great !

subsolar said

I saw this in the thread for the option frameworks, great great work!

I saw somewhere that it has One Click Demo install integration, or am I mistaken?

Hey, our old framework included One Click Install option. At the moment, we work around this option and we’ll include it in the new framework, later.

Hi,

Can i make this framework compatible with bootstrap 3 framework ?

Thanks!

All our recent themes from ThemeFuse are created on our old framework. Starting the next release, all our themes will be developed on Unyson framework.

qktheme said

Hi,

Thanks!

Unyson does not affect the frontend area of the theme, that’s why you can incorporate your theme with any CSS framework. For example, the default theme from our Demo was created with Unyson: http://demo.themefuse.com/unyson/. So, you can see that we didn’t incorporate something special, it’s the WordPress default theme.

Awesome framework.

Thanks ThemeFuse Team!

juarathemes said

is there documentation about how to create our own module for drag and drop interface?

Hey, here is the information about drag & drop shortcodes: http://unyson-docs.themefuse.com/en/latest/extension/shortcodes/index.html#cookbook .

juarathemes said

When developing Unyson, we tried to keep WordPress UI design.
Unyson said
qktheme said

Hi,

Thanks!

Unyson does not affect the frontend area of the theme, that’s why you can incorporate your theme with any CSS framework. For example, the default theme from our Demo was created with Unyson: http://demo.themefuse.com/unyson/. So, you can see that we didn’t incorporate something special, it’s the WordPress default theme.

I’ll try to use your FW for my next project :wink:

Smartik said

I admire the people who make open source. But regarding this framework I must say that most of the so called extensions should not be a part of the framework itself. They must be separated in plugins. From the list you provided I think that only the “Backup”, “Styling” and maybe “Slider” should be included, everything else must be a separated plugin.

Right now it is allowed on Themeforest, but I don’t think it’s a good choice to do it so. Think of Phase 2 where all this will be required to be moved in plugins.

Probably some will not approve my oppinion but I prefer to move all this in plugins. :slight_smile:

Andrei.

Hi, we took that into consideration, but considered this to be the best way to built our framework. In future, we will develop it as a plugin. Keep your eyes on us to see the improvements in the next updates :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing with us :slight_smile:
I think it looks very promising and I’m going to test it and probably will use Unyson in my next project.
Thanks again!

Unyson said
Smartik said

Andrei.

Hi, we took that into consideration, but considered this to be the best way to built our framework. In future, we will develop it as a plugin. Keep your eyes on us to see the improvements in the next updates :slight_smile:

I’m sure this framework have a bright future… :slight_smile:

dan_fisher said

Thanks for sharing with us :slight_smile:
I think it looks very promising and I’m going to test it and probably will use Unyson in my next project.
Thanks again!

Dan, you are welcome. Let us know when you release a theme built with Unyson :wink: . Good luck.

Thank you so much for the effort. This will help us a hell lot!

I was thinking that there should be a standard streamlined way for all the theme authors on ThemeForest to create the backend of the their themes, that way it will be way easier to work with any theme bought from here, and it would benefit ThemeForest, the authors and the users/developers that have to work on the theme later.

Would be great if this could become that.

Again, thank you very much!