Masterstudy - Education WordPress Theme, but i didint recive nothing

I bought Masterstudy: Education WordPress Theme and paid $86.44 but received nothing

Hi,

Sorry to hear you’re having troubles with your download.

If it is your first purchase then envato has sent you an email to confirm your purchase. you have to confirm by clicking the link/button in that email. then you will see your item under your Downloads page.

Otherwise please use the following link form to let the Envato customer support team:

Just select ‘An item I’ve purchased is no longer available on my downloads page’ in the ‘Tell us more’ field.

Envato Customer support team will be happy to assist you.

Thanks

Where is the tag: I’ve purchased is no longer available on my downloads page in "Tell us more?

In the link you attached, it doesn’t appear

There’s no buyer badge on your profile - could the payment have not gone through? (Might take a few days for it to be refunded).

Your college says: Mario (Market)

Apr 11, 2024, 04:44 GMT+10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

It seems that the payment you shared aligns with your purchase of Masterstudy - Education WordPress Theme.

I payed and i dont recived nothing

Ok dont worry i lost my money. that’s fine

Please note:
If it is your first purchase then envato has sent you an email to confirm your purchase. you have to confirm by clicking the link/button in that email. then you will see your item under your Downloads page.

If the above solution doesn’t work for you then go to this page: https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=170903

Just select ‘An item I’ve purchased is no longer available on my downloads page’ in the ‘Tell us more’ field in the Form.

Envato Customer support team will be happy to assist you.

Thanks

@mgscoder It’s the new buyer and new purchase.

@castellanomarco Pretty sure the money hasn’t been through the system and therefor you haven’t purchased anything yet. Do a double check with your bank account if the money has been deducted first.

Did you receive any email about the payment?

Yes! and my reply is for a new buyer for their first purchase :wink:
If it is the first purchase then Customer have to confirm their email to get the purchased Item in their Download page.

Also redirect the customer to the Envato customer support to get a solution and it is always the best option.