Making a one click sample install or just use XML import/export?

Artillegence said

Hey guys I am working on a new version of my 1 click installer … I will try to make it as a plugin and add on git for everyone :wink:

Yes, share the code to us. :slight_smile:

FYI, there is author who already did it, we live in same country, spoke same language, but he seems didn’t want to teach me how to do that. I understand that’s his right.

XiaoThemes said

I’ll write an article.

I was able to create in a new version of our framework (to be released yet) a installer that works with AJAX and is able to:

• Import posts/pages/custom posts (with the default XML Import class from WP, so no news here)
  • Define the menus locations automatically
  • Import all widgets to the correct sidebars
  • Define the demo’s options in theme options panel

I don’t know if is what you guys are looking for, so let me know and I can try help :slight_smile:

Matthew Schultz - Dev

Yeah, that’s exactly what we want. :smiley:

XiaoThemes said

I’ll write an article.

I was able to create in a new version of our framework (to be released yet) a installer that works with AJAX and is able to:

• Import posts/pages/custom posts (with the default XML Import class from WP, so no news here)

I don’t know if is what you guys are looking for, so let me know and I can try help :slight_smile:

Matthew Schultz - Dev

This would be amazing.

XiaoThemes said

I’ll write an article.

Matthew Schultz - Dev

+1 definitely interested

I need to bump this up

Oh YES :smiley:

Great hear that I can be useful, I’ll start writing an article.

I’ll finish it before next week :slight_smile:

Matthew Schultz – Dev

Thanks @Matthew! Can’t wait to read your article! :slight_smile:

I’m waiting for this too :slight_smile:

For the widgets I thought of somehow using parts of the “widget settings importexport”. Create the .json file and then use parts of the code to directly import the settings from the specified file.

contempoinc said
XiaoThemes said

I’ll write an article.

Matthew Schultz - Dev

+1 definitely interested

Ooh God this problem is in my head with 3 months. I asked about earlier this kind of situation but they adviced me Reduce the images :).

Currently i have exported all things seperated. Pages.xml Posts.xml etc.

If you guys do this and make it available on Github this is gonna be Awesome :wink:

Any news on this yet?

Up please.

I’m really interested in this topic. 1 click install helps a lot in reducing questions of setup theme. I’m waiting for your tutorials!

hi dnp, I think someone is preparing the article right now…

hope he/she will bring great code.

Wake me up.

When this plugin us up :wink:

Interesting topic, i’ll be waiting also.

Usually i only use widget for bottom area only, but would be great if we can set it on 1 click installer.

Btw, why article? I think it’s better if Xiao write a plugin, so we just need to install it :smiley:

Artillegence said

Hey guys I am working on a new version of my 1 click installer … I will try to make it as a plugin and add on git for everyone :wink:

Great, we have many option. Anyone else? :D

Matthew(XiaoThemes) was writing a tut and mostly people wanted that so I kinda got lazy :stuck_out_tongue: … I am launching a theme soon then I will make it … if anyone want to see the raw code mail me , I will send them :wink:

Artillegence said

Matthew(XiaoThemes) was writing a tut and mostly people wanted that so I kinda got lazy :stuck_out_tongue: … I am launching a theme soon then I will make it … if anyone want to see the raw code mail me , I will send them :wink:

sent you email

Hey guys!

Almost finished :slight_smile:

Thank you for the patience, I hope it helps!

Matthew

Artillegence said

Create a temporary gist or a repository on Github, please. :slight_smile: I appreciate this, thank you.