Low sales...

So we all have the same problem at the same time and its not related with the recent changes? Okay.

1 Like

That’s right mate, one of the biggest rules in statistics is that “correlation does not imply causation,” after all. :slight_smile:

Envato has much more insight than us on this type of stuff and can see the bigger picture more clearly, but even with all that data it takes serious analysis to come up with even a ‘potential’ cause of lower sales. Remember that it is in their interest as well to fix any issues so if they could identify search as an issue with all their data they would make changes (and who knows, maybe that prompted the recent changes as well?)

Again I agree that sales are down but we should avoid rushing to a conclusion.

Yes, I think many of us are in the same boat. Trying the find an explanation. Maybe we do something wrong or something. Talking about these doesn’t boots the sales, but may confirm that there is something the background we don’t understand.
We are doing this full time for a couple of years now we know the market, up and downs holidays, but currently it feels different. We’re aware of the market is changing, more competition, changes in user reqirements, but we should ask ourselves Is it worth? Developing product for months and years?

1 Like

I can only hope that you are right, but as @Granth said it doesn’t feel right. At all.

1 Like

I’m not much of an active commenter, but I read forums on daily basis. I see some guys complaining all the time, but when when I see “new” faces appearing in these topics with serious history and portfolio behind day by day I’m getting worried. :frowning:

But what percebtage are they of the entire author base?

To also be clear: My sales have remained pretty constant over the last year too. The only issue is I expected it to go UP because I was creating new updates and improving my content but that may have only been enough to keep sales stable. If I had done nothing, I’m pretty sure I would have seen a drop just as most of you.

2 Likes

Yes, crying doesn’t solves anything, only the hard work can be the way out of this. We are working hard on updates, visual redesign of our sites and new products. Hopefully Envato will do it’s part in this.

I think the best option is to make good themes, not 10 and 80% the same and make good seo on items page, marketing.

Is hard when you are little author if your theme don’t have many sales and reviews.

I agree, since the new search was implemented it has affected the sales. Let’s hope is temporary and things will get better.

The Envato search algorithm may effect your visibility on the marketplace, but in our experience most sales come from customers who land on your item page directly (not via marketplace browsing). You definitely need to invest time (and possibly money) in your own advertising and promotion. Leave comments in forums, find some affordable ad spots on BuySellAds, write a guest post for a popular blog - there’s a lot you can do to get the word out about your products. Best of luck! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

same here , 90$ for 10 day :frowning:

Is it worth it?!

And what about profit? Does it worth it?!

For us yes. We enjoy developing WordPress themes and we’ve had a positive experience using Envato (we actually used to sell on Mojo and Creative Market but have stopped or scaled back since we see better returns on Themeforest). So for the foreseeable future we still plan on creating new items for the marketplace :slight_smile:

I understand, we also invest in other marketing ventures, however, actual conversions to $$ are largest from the market. However, I do see that you have a much larger marketing practice, your on listings etc. Great job! Anyway, thank you for your info.

Well, that seems awesome to WordPress themes, but I think that it wouldn’t work for PHP scripts… :disappointed_relieved:

Not too sure which stat you’re referring to, since we’re only speaking vaguely about our strategy and experience (we aren’t open to sharing details) - but for us we do see significant traffic from our own advertising and promotion. Unless your item is a #1 or #2 top seller, we don’t think it’s good business sense to only reply on the marketplace for exposure. Our mentality is that it never hurts to try a new strategy for a month, so we try to budget for experimentation. BuySellAds happened to work out okay for us so we’ve kept it in the mix since then.

1 Like

Nice explained, but if we only have traffic in this way and if there is nothing benefits from Marketplace except from taking their part I do not see the reason why would they sell it here. Traffic is in a huge drop on the market and if continue like this there is no future here.

But still… this seems to be the number one marketplace! I dont think any other marketplace can beat this one… Probably this will get better as time goes by… :slight_smile:

1 Like