Looking for Medieval Era sample library..

Hi guys, do you know of any affordable library that contains medieval era instruments? Apart from the obvious one Era Medieval Legends…

cheers

There’s a library called “Era Medieval Legends” which is a great sounding library for medieval instrument. I use it myself and I’m pretty happy about it, except for the dynamics in some of the instruments that could have been done better.

You can check it out for yourself in this review, which does a pretty good job in showcasing the instruments available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hlFwS-6-Us

Yes thats the one Im aware of, and I look for something else…but thanks anyway

It doesn’t get any better than Eduardo Tarilonte’s “Era”. When it comes down to playabilty and range of instruments this is pretty much the best that is out there. Other I know of are some niché libs with some old percussion stuff etc. But seriously, if you wanna make medieval music, there’s no way around “Era”. Maybe check Best Service or Soundsonline, I guess they will have a summer sale.
Cheers
B.

Boldtrax said

It doesn’t get any better than Eduardo Tarilonte’s “Era”. When it comes down to playabilty and range of instruments this is pretty much the best that is out there. Other I know of are some niché libs with some old percussion stuff etc. But seriously, if you wanna make medieval music, there’s no way around “Era”. Maybe check Best Service or Soundsonline, I guess they will have a summer sale.
Cheers
B.

Era is quality and at the moment I am not aware of anything better or as complete. I may be wrong of course! :)

Actually guys, I found what I was looking for with EWQL Rare Instruments. Not as many unique instruments as with Era but Im about to give it a test drive see if its any good…

cheers!!

http://soundbytes.de/EarlyPatches/en/downloads.htm

Definately go with Era over EWQL RA. I’ve found RA is now very outdated compared to more modern libraries, it has no legato support, velocities are all over the place. There are some nice melodic phrases there though, Plus RA is about world instruments as opposed to Medieval.

Etno World 5 is also worth considering. Tons and tons of instruments which also suited Medieval use and much more variety (also for other projects maybe) then RA (though I have RA also and I still love it)
http://www.bestservice.de/en/ethno_world_5_professional__voices.html

But purely for Medieval stuff ERA wins it to be honest. Forrest Kingdom 1 and 2 also contain btw some medieval instruments.

wow, some great stuff here guys. An actual variety…Google just gave me Era Medieval Legends left right and centre…

Ethno World 5 is quite good especially the traditional drums and percussion which I use a lot in tracks. There is a real earthy quality to the drums and percussion since they are understated and not bombastic as in other more modern libraries. :slight_smile:

bombastic fantastic :slight_smile:

will def look into it… might need some percussion from that era too