Looking For Good Coder - Penny Auction Script [Ajax/PHP]

Hello,

Looking for a good coder to be able to create a penny auction script and the back end to match.

A penny auction script is a type of auction where once a bid is palced the price gos up by 1p and the timer gos up by 10 seconds or a user defined time.

Great example - www.madbid.com

These are the sort of controls I would need in the admin panel -

Setting new auctions
Need to be able to add new auctions include images, description, an allow it to be created in a small box format like the site above uses.

Bids Currency
Need users to be able to buy bids through a paypal gateway, for an ammount I can change e.g 50 credits £5 100 credits £10, once payment is made credits are added to the users account

User profiles
Users need to be able to view there own profile see how many bids they have left, what auctions they have won, where they last spent the last 5 bids, and personal and payment information.

Coupon Codes
Users need to be abel to redeem codes to credit there account with either free credits, or a % off a package deal (this one can only be used on checkout window).

Control panel overview
be able to view how many bids have been paid for today, view users accounts to see how mant bids they have and there personal information

This is the basic’s I need i understand this is a complex request and will take awhile to configur and get working. If anyone thinks there up to it then please let me know this will kind of be like a big job as afer this i will need new elements added such as badges, awards, different type of auctions.

If you need an example of a control panel people use Please go here -

http://www.phppennyauctiondemo.com/ (demo front end)

Click login in the top right

Username - admin
password - password

And from there you can access the admin panel and look at some of the things I need.

Sorry, Just to add i received a question about payment this type of requirement I under stand will cost £100 if its done right and i’m willing to pay £100 upwards if anyone would like to give me a quote

You would like this to be coded for 100 ponuds? You’re missing at least one zero in that price.

WebFactory said

You would like this to be coded for 100 ponuds? You’re missing at least one zero in that price.

Make that two or three. This type of project you’ve described is massive and sounds really complex and might take months to successfully code.

As the Codingdude justly noted the project you describe is rather serious, in addition when it comes to penny auction software you should pay close attention not just to the back-end and front-end features but to the platforms ability to handle massive server loads, and believe me if you want to make the auction profitable ( attract a lot of bidders) your server will have to be able to wit sand hell

not sure if im allows to post links but take a look here

www.pennyauctionsoftware.biz there’s a lot of issues discussed on this blog regarding creation of penny auctions

Hmm,

If i paid for one from another company would someone here be willing to help install it on my site there maybe minor code changes, nothing huge like the project above.

xron25 said

If i paid for one from another company would someone here be willing to help install it on my site there maybe minor code changes, nothing huge like the project above.

That’s definately an approach I would recommend. If you can precisely define what you need try posting the job on http://freelanceswitch.com/