Looking for a WordPress Temporary Url Video Streaming Plugin

Hey guys,

I’ve been searching for a plug in that takes a certain file/video from a storage place such as dropbox/Google drive, puts it on a temporary link where the file/video is streamed towards the customer and lastly makes the url unvalid or deletes the streaming url.

Does there exist something like this already? If yes, how is it called?

Thank you in advance!

Hi @NathalieSWP

There’s this plugin for viewing files

Hi @AlekseyZhdanov Thank you very much for your answer!
Don’t you think that the file in dropr will be easily downloaded then by my customers? The purpose is to purely stream the videos

Hi @NathalieSWP

I think any file can be downloaded :frowning_face:

At present i use dropbox exclusively for my clients to view SECURE files/videos and ONLY they can access the videos from their email address account (ie if they give their email address to someone else to access via their own pc/laptop/mobile that person CANNOT access my dropbox files/videos. This ensures the dropbox hosted files/videos are ONLY viewable by my clients. This security is essential to my business model.

I am in the process of having a new wordpress website created which will have a members only login section and i want to connect my dropbox files to the wordpress website but im concerned that this may circumnavigate the security i currently have with only my clients being able to access the dropbox files.

So my question is this. “With Dropr linking my dropbox to my website will i still have the security of clients ONLY gaining access to the dropbox files/videos through my new members only section of my wordpress website OR will ANYONE who gets my members wordpress login details ie to login to the wordpress members only section then be able to access the dropbox files from any PC/laptop/mobile etc?”

If I cannot ensure the dropbox files will remain secure (ie if ANYONE can access them through logging in to my new wordpress website) then how do you suggest i deal with this?

Thank you