Looking for a theme developer. How does it work?

Hello guys,

I see lots of topics where developers and designers are seeking a partnership, but I don’t really understand how it works. For instance, does every participant have an access to the sale reports of their products?

I made a PSD template, which is approved now, and don’t know what to do next. Should I look for somebody or not? I can convert my design into HTML (I know it’s challenging with rejects), but I already started to work on the next PSD template.

Anyway, I feel I need some advice from more experienced authors.

1. If you know html and you don’t have experience, then I would suggest to code it yourself if you like it, only if you like it. I’m not going to lie you, is going to be difficult for you and is going to take time. But in the end you will have experience.
  2. I don’t remember themeforest building this kind of support of teams … so most likely is all about trust. Maybe they are in your country and you make some legal agreement … but as far as I know you can end up working for someone else …
  3. You can pay someone to build it for you, but make sure the author it has enough experience so that you have your theme approved

:slight_smile:

Thank you for your answer. Although the second point is quite frustrating I think it’s better to know it in advance. Otherwise, a chance of wasting time is pretty big. :slight_smile:

All you need is trust. Just select the author carefully. Look at his items, see how he treats the customers and decide that if he’s going to risk his Envato career for the money that he’ll get from you. If the answer is no to that question, then you can work with him :slight_smile: