Looking for a real good image-compression for WP or server, widget or script

themeforest
codecanyon

All the scripts for Directories or Multi-Vendor-Sites include a lot of product images uploaded by customers.

Of course, without images nobody looks at it but if you have 1000 customers or more can you imagine how much webspace it costs to host their images? Most of all because many use their smartphones for images and text, such an image has 5 MB or more and WP optimizes such a 5 MB image to about 400 kb plus automatically produces several different sizes extra … in Photoshop I can bring down such an image to about 18 kb and that makes a huge difference to 400 kb made by Wordpress …

Finally it is impossible to use such scripts if you have more than a handful of customers using or you must invest in a lot of webspace and useless traffic costs AND a dramatically low performance for nothing just because of too heavy images …

And to ask customers to optimize images before ? I can hear them laughing out loud … why should the ? They are used to upload and thats it … a small biz can never become successful that way …

so if anyone has an idea (until the blockchain takes over) how to reduce upload-images down to handmade Photoshop quality - I long to hear from you - many many others too, it would be a good deal for you …