Looking for a Jon Lord-ish organ sound (Deep Purple)?

I’m looking for a growling Jon Lord (Deep Purple) organ sound through vintage organs from NI but can’ t seem to get it right. Any sugestions ?

Thanks!

I use Native Instruments b4. You can dig to get the sound you want.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvwvt4JStSw

… and the Vintage Organs bundle seems nice.
http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keys/vintage-organs/

Thanks NoizMan, I have the Vintage Organs bundle and it’s great. How do you get it to start without distortion and slowly get really growly and distorted like this?

I think I would need a volume pedal to trigger the distortion fx but if you have any tricks to creat this kind of fx…without the volume pedal?

Maybe getting it through Guitar Rig?

Disable the speaker simulator and the reverb, put the speaker to D.I., put through Guitar Rig, put a “Treble Booster” from distortion category, “Tube Compressor” From Compressors, lower the output gain, “Rotator” from modulation category, put then “Control Room Pro” and choose a big cabinet (4X12 UK 60s Green) and last, just to be safe, put a limiter.

Choose your favorite slider on your MIDI controller and map it to “Treble Booster” gain knob.

Mihai_Sorohan said

Disable the speaker simulator and the reverb, put the speaker to D.I., put through Guitar Rig, put a “Treble Booster” from distortion category, “Tube Compressor” From Compressors, lower the output gain, “Rotator” from modulation category, put then “Control Room Pro” and choose a big cabinet (4X12 UK 60s Green) and last, just to be safe, put a limiter.

Choose your favorite slider on your MIDI controller and map it to “Treble Booster” gain knob.

+1

AllenGrey said

Thanks NoizMan, I have the Vintage Organs bundle and it’s great. How do you get it to start without distortion and slowly get really growly and distorted like this?

I think I would need a volume pedal to trigger the distortion fx but if you have any tricks to creat this kind of fx…without the volume pedal?

I never tried to get this much distortion but using additional guitar pedals may work as Mihai told. Using a volume pedal between the organ and the drive pedal may help. If you want a continuous clean sound and add drive to it slowly, split the signal into two and use the volume pedal on the drive channel.

Mihai_Sorohan said

:sunglasses: Wow! Perfect!
Thanks for the help Mihai! Iv’e added a vintage reverb just to spice it up.
Now it’s time to rock this old B3 Jon lord style! Yeeeh ha!

Glad to hear it worked :slight_smile: