Long journey leads to my first approved item - finally, I'm an author!

Long time lurker, not much of a poster but what an interesting journey I have had!

I first started buying WordPress Themes from ThemeForest I reckon it must have been 10 years ago now?

Seems crazy thinking about it…

Then I realised that I really wanted to work for this cool startup with its roots in my hometown of Melbourne, and I landed a great job as the Elite Author Manager back in 2013 and I worked at Envato HQ for a few years before I decided to take off on my own and freelance.

Then I joined up and freelanced on Envato Studio for another good few years before I realised what I really wanted to do was make things myself! I wanted to be an author.
So I gave up freelance and with the money I had earned I backed myself.

I took course after course and read book after book, bought items, studied them and spent countless hours working on designs, wireframes, concepts, sketches trying to work out what was going to set me apart as an author.

After struggling to do everything myself for at least a year I realised I needed help and started working with a designer and a developer.

Then after a good 18 months wondering about what to try and publish first, what the best approach was, how do I get to where I want to be and all that jazz, I had an epiphany about keeping it simple.

I was going to do the most basic thing first and release a PSD Web Template, if it got approved then I would know it was worth investing my time in and moving forward with the next phase (HTML > WordPress).

So with so much excitement I can barely contain myself, this morning I woke up to discover I had actually been approved! My first ever PSD Template was live!

I would love to hear your thoughts, and if you want to stay updated please give me a Follow at WP Envision and see what’s coming next :slight_smile:

Here is the item: Fission - PSD Web Template

Thanks so much Envato, this is just the beginning for me!

4 Likes

Congrats and good luck with sale :tada::+1:

1 Like

Congrats

1 Like

This us how good things starts by doing what you love.

Congrats.

1 Like

Congrats @DanMichael

1 Like

Congratulations! I’m happy you found your calling. :hugs:

You know what they are saying, life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans. I’m also today so different than the one ten years ago…a long journey, but it was worth it.

Best wishes for the future!

3 Likes

Good luck with sales ! :slight_smile:

This is so true!

Congratulations you really work hard to get this Title

1 Like